Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone know what an IDEAL ISAR 30HE boiler is like?

They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and I
wondered if they are any good?
They are very small compared to others I have seen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:01:11 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and I
wondered if they are any good?
They are very small compared to others I have seen.

They have a reputation for a certain amount o trouble with their
electronics - PCBs blowing in a big (circuit fuse blowing, charred hole in
PCB) way.

--
John Stumbles

militant pacifist
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:01:11 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and

wondered if they are any good?
They are very small compared to others I have seen.

They have a reputation for a certain amount o trouble with their
electronics - PCBs blowing in a big (circuit fuse blowing, charred hole in
PCB) way.

--
John Stumbles

militant pacifist

Really! I have one installed by the same scheme(Warm Front)its been in 3.5
years now and is the HE30.
Not had any trouble except it keeps switching the CH off when set to manual
I put this down to the Danfoss unit in the hall?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
om...

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:01:11 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and

wondered if they are any good?
They are very small compared to others I have seen.

They have a reputation for a certain amount o trouble with their
electronics - PCBs blowing in a big (circuit fuse blowing, charred hole
in
PCB) way.

--
John Stumbles

militant pacifist

Really! I have one installed by the same scheme(Warm Front)its been in 3.5
years now and is the HE30.
Not had any trouble except it keeps switching the CH off when set to
manual
I put this down to the Danfoss unit in the hall?

Is that a wireless unit?
They haven't installed that yet so I don't know what it is apart from it
being wireless.

The fitters are nice.. they have fitted my pressure reducing valve and
thermostatic mixer for nothing.

Its quite complicated too as there are two showers to plumb in that are on
gravity feed ATM.

The only thing is they don't do vertical rads and there isn't much space in
the bathroom so I have had to buy one that they are fitting.

I wanted to fit air sourced heat pump units myself but warm front don't
appear to know what they are. 8-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and
I wondered if they are any good?

I fitted a HE35 to my last place about 4.5 years ago. Seemed to work
well and so far has not had any major issues (needed a DHW temperature
probe changed - but that was fairly painless and the built diagnostics
identified the bit to replace). Performance is good and cheap to run.
Build quality of the mechanical bits seems good (Si coated HE, down
firing burner etc), although the smallness of it may make fixing
problems later more labour intensive.

They are very small compared to others I have seen.

That was one of the key reasons why I chose it for that application - it
needed to fit a space formerly occupied by a Gloworm fuelsaver F which
was also fairly compact.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes
They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and
I wondered if they are any good?

They are about as good as your concept of the law and speeding

looks good on paper, but doesn't work in practice

They are very small compared to others I have seen.

You should buy one - you'll find yourself too busy to spend your time
typing drivel here

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , George
writes

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:01:11 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and

wondered if they are any good?
They are very small compared to others I have seen.

They have a reputation for a certain amount o trouble with their
electronics - PCBs blowing in a big (circuit fuse blowing, charred hole in
PCB) way.

--
John Stumbles

militant pacifist

Really! I have one installed by the same scheme(Warm Front)its been in 3.5
years now and is the HE30.
Not had any trouble except it keeps switching the CH off when set to manual
I put this down to the Danfoss unit in the hall?

I have a customer who has just sent 130 Isar modules in for repair

They are the new Suprima

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John Rumm
writes
dennis@home wrote:

They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme
and I wondered if they are any good?

I fitted a HE35 to my last place about 4.5 years ago. Seemed to work
well and so far has not had any major issues

do you really need the opening scene from Macbeth ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

Really! I have one installed by the same scheme(Warm Front)its been in

3.5
years now and is the HE30.
Not had any trouble except it keeps switching the CH off when set to

manual
I put this down to the Danfoss unit in the hall?

I have a customer who has just sent 130 Isar modules in for repair

They are the new Suprima

--
geoff

Perhaps he should take up another type of proffession?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , George
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Really! I have one installed by the same scheme(Warm Front)its been in

3.5
years now and is the HE30.
Not had any trouble except it keeps switching the CH off when set to

manual
I put this down to the Danfoss unit in the hall?

I have a customer who has just sent 130 Isar modules in for repair

They are the new Suprima

--
geoff

Perhaps he should take up another type of proffession?

You're not up to speed on this, are you ?

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

I have a customer who has just sent 130 Isar modules in for repair

They are the new Suprima

Shame you didn't mention that before I bought mine! ;-)

(still hopefully I have sold it now)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:40:41 +0100, geoff wrote:

I have a customer who has just sent 130 Isar modules in for repair

So does that make it worth your while buying in a couple of boxes of
transformers then?

--
John Stumbles

What do you mean, talking about it isn't oral sex?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John Stumbles
writes
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:40:41 +0100, geoff wrote:

I have a customer who has just sent 130 Isar modules in for repair

So does that make it worth your while buying in a couple of boxes of
transformers then?

I have to buy 200 minimum at a time from ERA at £6 each

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 02:30:56 +0100, geoff wrote:

I have to buy 200 minimum at a time from ERA at £6 each

One box then. Bet you're glad to have the 130 repairs come in (assuming
most/all need xfmrs)

--
John Stumbles

The clairvoyants' meeting has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anyway its all installed, took them two days.
Took the old heaters and some other stuff out and cleaned up.

The warmfront man said everything would be surface mounted as that's all
they pay for ( no trunking, etc.) but they took the floor boards up and put
the drops in trunking ( even if I had to supply the clips as I had the
correct ones for the trunking and they didn't 8-) ).
Very happy so far.

GM Heating if anyone wants some work done.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John Stumbles
writes
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 02:30:56 +0100, geoff wrote:

I have to buy 200 minimum at a time from ERA at £6 each

One box then. Bet you're glad to have the 130 repairs come in (assuming
most/all need xfmrs)

in this batch, 40% required transformers

However, they all have another fault

if it was just transformer replacement, it would be simple

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
geoff wrote:
In message , John Stumbles
writes
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 02:30:56 +0100, geoff wrote:

I have to buy 200 minimum at a time from ERA at £6 each

One box then. Bet you're glad to have the 130 repairs come in (assuming
most/all need xfmrs)

in this batch, 40% required transformers

How on earth did they manage to find transformers that fail so regularly?
Overloading?

However, they all have another fault

if it was just transformer replacement, it would be simple

--
*The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
geoff wrote:
In message , John Stumbles
writes
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 02:30:56 +0100, geoff wrote:

I have to buy 200 minimum at a time from ERA at £6 each

One box then. Bet you're glad to have the 130 repairs come in (assuming
most/all need xfmrs)

in this batch, 40% required transformers

How on earth did they manage to find transformers that fail so regularly?
Overloading?

It seems to be an across the board problem with ERA transformers -
whether they are underspecced or just crap, but the Ferroli MF03 and
glowworm compact with the same make of transformer suffer from the same
problem

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-13 02:18:38 +0100, geoff said:

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
geoff wrote:
In message , John Stumbles
writes
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 02:30:56 +0100, geoff wrote:

I have to buy 200 minimum at a time from ERA at £6 each

One box then. Bet you're glad to have the 130 repairs come in (assuming
most/all need xfmrs)

in this batch, 40% required transformers

How on earth did they manage to find transformers that fail so regularly?
Overloading?

It seems to be an across the board problem with ERA transformers -
whether they are underspecced or just crap, but the Ferroli MF03 and
glowworm compact with the same make of transformer suffer from the
same problem

Are they fitted in a position up above the heat exchanger? i.e.
cooking from that source? Even so, it's still poor product.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and I
wondered if they are any good?
They are very small compared to others I have seen.

All Ideal boilers are garbage. A waste of sheet metal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-13 22:43:29 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and
I wondered if they are any good?
They are very small compared to others I have seen.

All Ideal boilers are garbage. A waste of sheet metal.

What's up? Didn't you get anything from their Q2 promotion?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-13 22:43:29 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
said:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and
I wondered if they are any good?
They are very small compared to others I have seen.

All Ideal boilers are garbage. A waste of sheet metal.

What's up? Didn't you get anything from their Q2 promotion?

Matt, what did you get?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-13 22:43:29 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme and
I wondered if they are any good?
They are very small compared to others I have seen.

All Ideal boilers are garbage. A waste of sheet metal.

What's up? Didn't you get anything from their Q2 promotion?

Matt, what did you get?

Nothing.

Besides.. I'm not really into puffy anoraks with the boiler
manufacturer's name embroidered on the pocket or the plumbers merchants
annual outing to Eyebyeza.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-14 01:48:01 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"

On 2008-07-13 22:43:29 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
said:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
They are fitting one for someone I know under the warm start scheme
and I wondered if they are any good?
They are very small compared to others I have seen.

All Ideal boilers are garbage. A waste of sheet metal.

What's up? Didn't you get anything from their Q2 promotion?

Matt, what did you get?

Nothing.

Besides.. I'm not really into puffy anoraks with the boiler manufacturer's
name embroidered on the pocket or the plumbers merchants annual outing to
Eyebyeza.

Do you like the trendy boots then?

Ideal Isar 35 stan UK diy 2 December 23rd 06 07:39 PM
Ideal ISAR HE30 Problems [email protected] UK diy 5 October 3rd 06 03:36 PM
Ideal ISAR HE Boiler in loft Fudgee UK diy 3 August 8th 06 06:25 AM
What timer/programmer/thermostat for Ideal isar 30 HE jon UK diy 16 June 17th 05 03:16 PM
DHW in (cold feed) to combi boiler IDEAL ISAR 30 jon UK diy 4 June 15th 05 04:24 PM