Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone need some Wylex NN style MCBs?

A CUs worth about to be scrapped unless they are of any use to anyone.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message

A CUs worth about to be scrapped unless they are of any use to anyone.

--
Cheers,

John.

Anything in there around 40/45 amps range?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadworth wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

A CUs worth about to be scrapped unless they are of any use to anyone.

--
Cheers,

John.

Anything in there around 40/45 amps range?

Nope sorry... got a mixture of 5, 15, and 30s, plus the clunky 3 module
wide 30mA/80A RCD that is built into the end of the CU.

The larger MCBs for NN seem quite rare...

(As I am sure you know, you can bodge a modern DIN rail one in on the
far end by chopping off the end of the busbar, folding the metal
mounting lugs out of the way, and hardwiring the feed via a link wire
from the adjacent MCB. Leaves the MCB floating there held in place only
by its wires and the front panel though)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
ARWadworth wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

A CUs worth about to be scrapped unless they are of any use to anyone.

--
Cheers,

John.

Anything in there around 40/45 amps range?

Nope sorry... got a mixture of 5, 15, and 30s, plus the clunky 3 module
wide 30mA/80A RCD that is built into the end of the CU.

The larger MCBs for NN seem quite rare...

I know :-)

(As I am sure you know, you can bodge a modern DIN rail one in on the far
end by chopping off the end of the busbar, folding the metal mounting lugs
out of the way, and hardwiring the feed via a link wire from the adjacent
MCB. Leaves the MCB floating there held in place only by its wires and the
front panel though)

The old and Proteus MCBs are a good match for Wylex boards and vice versa
(as are the new ones on the new CUs)

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadworth wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
ARWadworth wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

A CUs worth about to be scrapped unless they are of any use to anyone.

--
Cheers,

John.

Anything in there around 40/45 amps range?

Nope sorry... got a mixture of 5, 15, and 30s, plus the clunky 3
module wide 30mA/80A RCD that is built into the end of the CU.

The larger MCBs for NN seem quite rare...

I know :-)

(As I am sure you know, you can bodge a modern DIN rail one in on the
far end by chopping off the end of the busbar, folding the metal
mounting lugs out of the way, and hardwiring the feed via a link wire
from the adjacent MCB. Leaves the MCB floating there held in place
only by its wires and the front panel though)

The old and Proteus MCBs are a good match for Wylex boards and vice
versa (as are the new ones on the new CUs)

You mean those Geyer Proteous jobbies? Based on my last encounter with
those, I don't think I would voluntarily fit one! (spent a fair bit f
time tracing a fault which turned out to be a batch of said MCBs who's
actual on state only had a passing acquaintance with the position of the
dolly)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is the "NN" the pre-din rail type with two sort of terry clip connectors,
one for the busbar and one to hold the other end of the MCB in place? If so,
I have a mate who will probably swap you a "nine" of good beer for them.

stever at fairadsl dot co dot uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
Is the "NN" the pre-din rail type with two sort of terry clip connectors,
one for the busbar and one to hold the other end of the MCB in place? If so,
I have a mate who will probably swap you a "nine" of good beer for them.

They look very similar to:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/P..._3/XWYNB30.JPG

they sort of hang over one rail in the position you would expect the top
of a DIN rail to be, but then have a second rail about 15mm higher that
engages with a retaining clip. (you could probably slide a modern MCB
into the two rails). There is no bottom rail where a modern one has its
retaining clip, and the bottom of the MCB fixes onto a flat busbar that
has U shaped notched cut out for each MCB.

I have 2 x 5, 2 x 15, and 4 x 30, all type 2 MCBs

Drop me an email with an address and I can stick em in the post if he
wants them.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
ARWadworth wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
ARWadworth wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

[...]

Yes. But they fit.

I have worked in two houses this week, one had an old Wylex CU (NN) that had
one odd old Proteous MCB in it among the Wylex MCBs. The other house had a
new (2 years old) Proteus CU with a Wylex MCB inbetween the Proteus MCBs.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadworth wrote:

Yes. But they fit.

I have worked in two houses this week, one had an old Wylex CU (NN) that
had one odd old Proteous MCB in it among the Wylex MCBs. The other house
had a new (2 years old) Proteus CU with a Wylex MCB inbetween the
Proteus MCBs.

Yup, sorry was not doubting they fitted. Was just not in a hurry to meet
Proteous MCBs again! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Wylex NB MCB for Shower Richard Conway UK diy 13 April 30th 08 11:06 PM
Old style Crabtree MCBs ARWadsworth UK diy 7 May 20th 07 09:48 PM
Problems with Wylex MCBs NoSpam UK diy 9 October 30th 06 09:50 PM
MK "old style" Sentry MCBs Nigel Molesworth UK diy 4 July 20th 06 06:00 PM
Wylex Cu John Rumm UK diy 2 July 3rd 05 12:02 AM