Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help with circuit breaker type / supplier

What's the name of the small industrial type breaker which clips to the
conductor at one end and to a support rail at the other end with a sort of
"terry clip" connection. Not on a DIN rail. This is for a 100 amp three
phase board with single and three phase take-off, I'm looking for a 30 or 32
A single phase breaker (to replace an overheating one on a circuit which
isn't over-rated). Can anyone suggest good online suppliers?

thanks in advance

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
What's the name of the small industrial type breaker which clips to the
conductor at one end and to a support rail at the other end with a sort of
"terry clip" connection. Not on a DIN rail. This is for a 100 amp three
phase board with single and three phase take-off, I'm looking for a 30 or
32 A single phase breaker (to replace an overheating one on a circuit
which isn't over-rated). Can anyone suggest good online suppliers?

thanks in advance

Square D use a "terry clip" connection
I believe Quikline is the name of the Square D CU.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
What's the name of the small industrial type breaker which clips to the
conductor at one end and to a support rail at the other end with a sort of
"terry clip" connection. Not on a DIN rail. This is for a 100 amp three
phase board with single and three phase take-off, I'm looking for a 30 or
32 A single phase breaker (to replace an overheating one on a circuit
which isn't over-rated). Can anyone suggest good online suppliers?

thanks in advance

Sounds like Federal Electric to me.
They are designed for insertion/removal from the board with the board
live, although I don't think they mention that anymore for H&S reasons.

Note they changed the front of the breakers ~10 years ago and they need
a larger opening in the front panel. I took the front panel off and cut
a larger slot with a metal cutting jigsaw when I needed to fit some new
ones to an old board.

--
Andrew Gabriel