Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wacker Plate Rubber pad

Large clay pavior project underway, I have a Wacker Plate model PVP
7553A which is a large 21" x 24" base, 85kg, 4kW (5.5hp) model

To consolidate the clays paviors in with jointing sand I should use a
rubber pad base on teh Wacker .... but having trouble finding one
(Wacker no longer stock this size)

Anybody ever made their own pad ? .... I need a piece of sheet rubber
that will not come apart easily and put rubber all over the
paviors ... which have quite an abrasive surface.

I have thought that the rubber sheet they use on conveyors may do, but
where would I get a small piece of that ?

Any other suggestions welcome.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anybody ever made their own pad ? .... I need a piece of sheet rubber
that will not come apart easily and put rubber all over the
paviors ... which have quite an abrasive surface.
I have thought that the rubber sheet they use on conveyors may do, but
where would I get a small piece of that ?
Any other suggestions welcome.

An insulating rubber mat as used in a substation (in front of the LV
board) sounds like it'd be ideal for this - if you happen to be able
to get hold of the maintenance dept. of your local REC, they're quite
often thrown out once they get contaminated by oil, as they deform.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Osprey wrote:
Large clay pavior project underway, I have a Wacker Plate model PVP
7553A which is a large 21" x 24" base, 85kg, 4kW (5.5hp) model

To consolidate the clays paviors in with jointing sand I should use a
rubber pad base on teh Wacker .... but having trouble finding one
(Wacker no longer stock this size)

Unusual for Wacker, they seem a reliable company. Ask a few independant
local hire companies if they can help.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Osprey" wrote in message
Large clay pavior project underway, I have a Wacker Plate model PVP
7553A which is a large 21" x 24" base, 85kg, 4kW (5.5hp) model

To consolidate the clays paviors in with jointing sand I should use

rubber pad base on teh Wacker .... but having trouble finding one
(Wacker no longer stock this size)

Anybody ever made their own pad ? .... I need a piece of sheet

rubber
that will not come apart easily and put rubber all over the
paviors ... which have quite an abrasive surface.

I have thought that the rubber sheet they use on conveyors may do,

but
where would I get a small piece of that ?

Any other suggestions welcome.

It's been know not to use a pad, but to ensure a reasonable covering
of the dry sand when you wack to stop scratching the blocks

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message ...
On 14 Jun,
"Andrew Mawson" wrote:

It's been know not to use a pad, but to ensure a reasonable covering
of the dry sand when you wack to stop scratching the blocks

I couldn't get a machine with a pad when I did mine. I didn't scratch any,
but I had to change a few due to breakage.

tip for lifting single block: Piece of 4x2 the length of a block with a
hole
im middle to attach vaccuum cleaner hose, put draughtproofing strip around
the edge of the face of the block of wood, put over block you wish to
remove
and start vacuum. lift wood complete with block.

Worked a treat. Will it still work with blocks laid for some time??

Depends on the vacuum the machine can create..
1 psi on a 4x9 brick is about 36 lb, may aquavac can manage better than
that.

Rubber idler wheel rubber restoration Jeff Liebermann Electronics Repair 27 January 15th 08 05:19 AM
Weed Wacker MLD Home Repair 11 July 21st 06 11:01 PM
weed wacker Sacramento Dave Home Repair 5 May 13th 06 02:13 PM
Weed Wacker/trimmer Questions Robert11 Home Repair 1 June 11th 05 06:42 PM