Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default trousers for DIY

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:41:45 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

And think of the water we drink ...

That depends where you live. Ours used to come out of adit about 1/2 a
mile away filtred through the sand and limestone of these parts from the
rain and sheep wee. It now comes from a reservior fed by rain and sheep
wee.

Other places take it from water courses with sewage works out falls a few
miles upstream...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:41:45 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

And think of the water we drink ...

That depends where you live. Ours used to come out of adit about 1/2 a
mile away filtred through the sand and limestone of these parts from the
rain and sheep wee. It now comes from a reservior fed by rain and sheep
wee.

Yebbut the rain comes from evaporation of all water sources :-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember sm_jamieson
saying something like:

So, can anyone recommend cheap trousers for DIY tasks ?

Go down to your nearest industrial workwear shed and get a pair of troos
that are designed to take the flak.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-06-11 20:43:38 +0100, "ARWadworth"
said:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"George" wrote in message
news
Try your local charity shop.

ooooh! noooooo! the bloke might have died in them or worse still drop a
brownie.

Chzrioty shop clothes are always thoroughly cleaned before being put on
sale.

What difference would it make if someone had died in an article of
clothing?

There is a load of Yves St Laurent for sale at the moment in the Paris
Oxfam Shop.

Adam

It'll be in Lidl come the weekend

Either way, I'll not be buying it.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:26:17 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Yebbut the rain comes from evaporation of all water sources :-)

Yeah but at that point it has been distilled. OK it still picks up the
crap from the air but at least it leaves the crap in the river for the
direct absraction to use...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:26:17 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Yebbut the rain comes from evaporation of all water sources :-)

Yeah but at that point it has been distilled. OK it still picks up the
crap from the air but at least it leaves the crap in the river for the
direct absraction to use...

Given the long history of odd 'rains' (frogs, fish, etc.), plus bird and
insect detritus, I am really not exactly reassured by that... :-)

--
Rod

onset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:11:47 +0100, wrote:

On 12 Jun,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

And think of the water we drink ...

Think of how many times it has been 'passed' before being drunk in the lower
reaches of the Trent. One or two less times on shorter rivers, but the water
can be fully used up to three times in its journey down the river. More
likely partly used up to 10 times though, so think how many times it has
already been used.

"The water in this establishment has been passed by the management".

And remember W.C. Fields' alleged quotation on water...

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:26:17 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Yebbut the rain comes from evaporation of all water sources :-)

Yeah but at that point it has been distilled. OK it still picks up the
crap from the air but at least it leaves the crap in the river for the
direct absraction to use...

The point is that those molecules of even the purest water have been through
many thousands of guts.

Mary

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

And think of the water we drink ...

Think of how many times it has been 'passed' before being drunk in the
lower
reaches of the Trent. One or two less times on shorter rivers, but the
water
can be fully used up to three times in its journey down the river. More
likely partly used up to 10 times though, so think how many times it has
already been used.

"The water in this establishment has been passed by the management".

And remember W.C. Fields' alleged quotation on water...

That's why I'm reluctant to drink it.

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
et...
sm_jamieson wrote:
Asda sell cheap jeans for 5 quid, but usually these discount things
make even a macho builder look like a mincing weirdo.

So wear overalls over them.

Oh come on, Owain, oversalls aren't at all cool, they're passé!

Mary

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
et...
sm_jamieson wrote:
Asda sell cheap jeans for 5 quid, but usually these discount things
make even a macho builder look like a mincing weirdo.

So wear overalls over them.

Oh come on, Owain, oversalls aren't at all cool, they're passé!

They are also bloomin hot in the summer.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
et...
sm_jamieson wrote:
Asda sell cheap jeans for 5 quid, but usually these discount things
make even a macho builder look like a mincing weirdo.

So wear overalls over them.

Oh come on, Owain, oversalls aren't at all cool, they're passé!

They are also bloomin hot in the summer.

I just wear underpants under a cotton boilersuit - it's quite comfortable.

You didn't want to know that, did you?...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
et...
sm_jamieson wrote:
Asda sell cheap jeans for 5 quid, but usually these discount things
make even a macho builder look like a mincing weirdo.

So wear overalls over them.

Oh come on, Owain, oversalls aren't at all cool, they're passé!

They are also bloomin hot in the summer.

I just wear underpants under a cotton boilersuit - it's quite comfortable.

You didn't want to know that, did you?...

It's what we did in our bee suits.

After all, we're all bare underneath our clothes :-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message

I just wear underpants under a cotton boilersuit - it's quite
comfortable. You didn't want to know that, did you?...

It's what we did in our bee suits.

After all, we're all bare underneath our clothes :-)

Waaaaay too much information from both of you........

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jumble sales went with the decrease in natural fibres. After a jumble sale,
the "rag man" used to take any clothes left over. Synthetic materials no
good - the rag man stopped coming and the chore of dumping the left over
stuff made them not worth doing.

Most charity shops have a system of sending unwanted clothing to textile
recyclers.
Patagonia - an high quality outdoor clothing company uses recycled
polyester and plastic bottles in its clothing range !
Buying and donating to charity shops is a very good way of recycling all
goods.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message

I just wear underpants under a cotton boilersuit - it's quite
comfortable. You didn't want to know that, did you?...

It's what we did in our bee suits.

After all, we're all bare underneath our clothes :-)

Waaaaay too much information from both of you........

I only live down the road from you, would you like a demo?

hehe
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message

I just wear underpants under a cotton boilersuit - it's quite
comfortable. You didn't want to know that, did you?...

It's what we did in our bee suits.

After all, we're all bare underneath our clothes :-)

Waaaaay too much information from both of you........

I only live down the road from you, would you like a demo?

If it turns you on ...

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher coughed up some electrons that declared:

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message

I just wear underpants under a cotton boilersuit - it's quite
comfortable. You didn't want to know that, did you?...

It's what we did in our bee suits.

After all, we're all bare underneath our clothes :-)

Waaaaay too much information from both of you........

I only live down the road from you, would you like a demo?

If it turns you on ...

Mary

You know, Mary; blokes, power tools, beer, cotton dungarees.

And Kent. We're different down here - didn't you know?

But at least we leave the sheep alone...

;-
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message

I only live down the road from you, would you like a demo?

If it turns you on ...

Mary

You know, Mary; blokes, power tools, beer, cotton dungarees.

And Kent. We're different down here - didn't you know?

I know about blokes from Kent, no idea about distances ...

But at least we leave the sheep alone...

Lucky sheep! Would that you left the women alone :-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message

I just wear underpants under a cotton boilersuit - it's quite
comfortable. You didn't want to know that, did you?...

It's what we did in our bee suits.

After all, we're all bare underneath our clothes :-)

Waaaaay too much information from both of you........

I only live down the road from you, would you like a demo?

If it turns you on ...

Mary

You know, Mary; blokes, power tools, beer, cotton dungarees.

And Kent. We're different down here - didn't you know?

But at least we leave the sheep alone...

FX Banjo's playing country musicFX

Runs away rapidly..............

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12 Jun, 17:29, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

That depends where you live. Ours used to come out of adit

Never drink out of adits!

Adits exist because there's something in that hill that's worth
digging holes to get to it. Something metallic, probably something
soluble. If it's an adit, you don't want to be drinking it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 18:22:05 -0700 (PDT), Andy Dingley wrote:

Adits exist because there's something in that hill that's worth
digging holes to get to it. Something metallic, probably something
soluble. If it's an adit, you don't want to be drinking it.

The "something metallic" is probably lead. The ground round here is a
honeycombe of old lead mines. This was a proper public water supply not a
private one and I don't think the adit used was an old mining one but one
put in to get a water supply.

--
Cheers
Dave.