Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.equestrian

Default 80% of UK Laws Now Made In Brussels by the EUSSR (closure of postoffices was one of theirs)

Like a gold coin on a dunghill, the truth about the EU
Last updated at 12:19 AM on 08th June 2008

Peter Lilley's message is clear - 80 per cent of Britain's laws are
now made in Brussels and Parliament has no power to reject or amend
them

Amid the silly soap opera that now passes for British politics, in
which we are supposed to care more about hairstyles and mannerisms
than about the country, there was one moment last week when a decent
man said something important. The brief flash of truth shone out like
a gold coin on a dunghill.

The man was Peter Lilley, older and wiser than when he used to sing
daft songs to Tory conferences. Mr Lilley looks to me as if, like
several others, he is trapped in the Unconservative Party and would
blossom like an irrigated desert if only he could escape from it.

Because what he said was important, there have been far too few
reports of it. Hansard for Tuesday, June 3, at 3.35pm, will give you
the details, if you want them.

But his clear, hard message was that 80 per cent of our laws are now
made in Brussels, and Parliament has no power to reject or amend
them.

If you wonder why our Post Offices are all closing, it’s thanks to an
EU directive. So is the increasingly hated Data Protection Act. So are
Home Improvement Packs and fortnightly bin collections.

In 15 years’ time our Parliament will have only two functions left –
to raise taxes and declare war – admittedly things that our current
politicians are rather keen on.

Mr Lilley’s mischievous suggestion is that MPs’ pay should be cut each
time they hand over authority to others. Incredibly, many MPs don’t
know what is going on. If they ended up on the wages paid to district
councillors – which is all they really are now – they might care more.

His own stark words cannot be improved upon: ‘Few voters, or even
members of this house, fully realise how many powers have been, or are
about to be, transferred elsewhere. There are three reasons for this.
The first is that governments of all persuasions deny that any
significant powers are being transferred.

The second is that, once powers have been transferred, Ministers
engage in a charade of pretence that they still retain those powers.
Even when introducing measures that they are obliged to bring in as a
result of an EU directive they behave as though the initiative were
their own.

‘Indeed, Ministers often end up nobly accepting responsibility for
laws that they actually opposed when they were being negotiated in
Brussels.’

So now you know. Not since Dunkirk, 68 years ago, has our national
independence been so imperilled. But back then, we could see the
danger. Now most of us pretend it isn’t there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-truth-EU.html

I've known about this 80% **** for years. Anyone who votes Lab, Con or
Lib is an absolute ignorant, thick cretin. They don't realise that
they are voting for a single party dictatorship. And then they have
the cheek to whinge that nothing ever changes!

Most voters in the UK need to throw down the remote and heat magazine
and GET A CLUE.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/foru...ritain-39.html
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.equestrian

St Georges Day April 23rd pretended :

St George the patron saint of Turkey.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.equestrian

"St Georges Day April 23rd" wrote in
message
Like a gold coin on a dunghill, the truth about the EU
Last updated at 12:19 AM on 08th June 2008

Peter Lilley's message is clear - 80 per cent of Britain's laws are
now made in Brussels and Parliament has no power to reject or amend
them

This is utter b******s. This government has made around one new law every
day that it has been in office, and relatively few result from our various
treaties with other states or in particular the EU.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.equestrian

On 12 Jun, 14:45, "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

This is utter b******s. *This government has made around one new law every
day that it has been in office, and relatively few result from our various
treaties with other states or in particular the EU.

------------------------

The exact percentage is not the point. If the rate at which new laws
come onto the statute book has accelereated, it could be a desperate
ploy by Westminster to save face by reducing the proportion of laws
imposed by EU directives.
But the transfer of legislative power in the more important matters is
a reality.

And, contrary to what another poster stated, the decision to wage war
and to conscript British men and women into an EU army is part of the
Lisbon Treaty. Ireland's No vote will not stop it. Either the Irish
will be ordered to vote again and get it "right," or the rest of the
EU will go ahead with the Treaty, with temporary exemptions for
Ireland.
And since the British ruling group are all for it, yes, after a while
our masters in Brussels will have the legal power to declare war on
behalf of Britain and to conscript you into a Euro army and send you
to fight with little or no proper equipment in the North Korean winter
or whatever......... How did you let it go as far as this? Why have
you not withdrawn Britain from the EU long ago?????????
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.equestrian

The European Union is many things, none of them good for Britain.

+++A vast *non-job* creation scheme; I don't have the numbers of
"employees," but most of the work being done is either useless or
destructive, and is largely a scheme for giving jobs to cronies,
family and friends, people who would otherwise be near-unemployable,
so that this huge army of EU non-jobbers are really social security
claimants in disguise, who receive vastly greater benefits by
comparison with 'ordinary' unemployed people.

+++A huge stealing machine, stealing billions each year from the
British taxpayer, which flows into the pockets of corrupt officials
or
idle farmers or into often useless, wasteful schemes;

+++A slow-motion coup d'etat, a conquest of all Europe by non-
military
means, now close to succeeding where Hitler failed, uniting all of
Europe under a single centralised dictatorship, with the pretence of
'freedom' in terms of a set of *fake debates* which will give the
illusion of 'being listened to' and 'allowed to complain,' while
actually ensuring everything will always stay the same.....

And so on.....

Obviously Britain should have withdrawn from the EU as soon as the
Maastricht treaty was proposed and it became clear that we had been
lied to when sucked into this continent-wide fraud.
Now, well, people always resist admitting that they have been made
fools of, so what are the chances of widespread support for
withdrawl?