Manic Blue

Default Storage heater panel and parts

I bought some Creda electric storage heaters second-hand. A problem
has now arisen with the one of the panels showing scorch marks,
because the lining between the bricks and the panel had to be thrown
out, cos of it's condition. Is it possible to buy these linings
seperately, if so where would be a good place to look? Any info would
be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Manic Blue
Dave Plowman

In article ,
Manic Blue wrote:
I bought some Creda electric storage heaters second-hand. A problem
has now arisen with the one of the panels showing scorch marks,
because the lining between the bricks and the panel had to be thrown
out, cos of it's condition. Is it possible to buy these linings
seperately, if so where would be a good place to look? Any info would
be much appreciated.

A builder's merchant should be able to supply heat resistant sheet - a
replacement for what would once have been asbestos. But it's not cheap.

--
*When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
tim

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
In article ,
Manic Blue wrote:
I bought some Creda electric storage heaters second-hand. A problem
has now arisen with the one of the panels showing scorch marks,
because the lining between the bricks and the panel had to be thrown
out, cos of it's condition. Is it possible to buy these linings
seperately, if so where would be a good place to look? Any info would
be much appreciated.

A builder's merchant should be able to supply heat resistant sheet - a
replacement for what would once have been asbestos. But it's not cheap.

me da damaged this on one of mine.

I rang up to enquire about a new one. IIRC 66 quid plus VAT. I can
buy a whole new radiator for just over 200. I declined and used the
same part from a smaller one that I had spare.

Tim