Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FA Setting Stone Masons manual 1935

Stone Setting,The setting of cut stone trim in brick buildings,1935
VGC,226 pages.A few small stamps from British library ,otherwise a
great copy.
One of the best mason's manuals we've had,massively thorough,packed
with diagrams,plans etc,covering a multitude of useful work.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alys" wrote in message
Stone Setting,The setting of cut stone trim in brick buildings,1935
VGC,226 pages.A few small stamps from British library ,otherwise a
great copy.
One of the best mason's manuals we've had,massively thorough,packed
with diagrams,plans etc,covering a multitude of useful work.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...625888&ssPa g
eName=STRK:MESE:IT

Most odd,I thought that the bidders ID were kept hidden only when an item
reached a £100?

Another way of shill bidding if this is not the case anymore?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 31, 5:56*pm, "George" wrote:

Most odd,I thought that the bidders ID were kept hidden only when an item
reached a £100?

Another way of shill bidding if this is not the case anymore?

All bidders details have been hidden for quite a while now. I can't
remember exactly when, but it has been at least six months.

This added to the fact the sellers can no longer leave negative
feedback for buyers is making the whole thing a bit farcical.

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stevelup wrote:

On May 31, 5:56*pm, "George" wrote:

Most odd,I thought that the bidders ID were kept hidden only when an item
reached a £100?

Another way of shill bidding if this is not the case anymore?

All bidders details have been hidden for quite a while now. I can't
remember exactly when, but it has been at least six months.

This added to the fact the sellers can no longer leave negative
feedback for buyers is making the whole thing a bit farcical.

I welcome both these changes.

As a seller I got fed up of people contacting bidders on my auctions
while the auctions were running, offering them other items instead.
So, for several years now, all my sales have been private auctions.
I'm glad eBay has extended this privacy across the board.

As a buyer I have had some really lousy deals where people have sent
broken or damaged items, or nothing at all, and I have had the
greatest difficulty getting my money back. On top of that, I could
not leave negative feedback to warn others for fear of getting
undeserved retaliatory negative feedback. Now I can leave honest
feedback without fear of retaliation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 1, 6:24*pm, Bruce wrote:
stevelup wrote:
On May 31, 5:56*pm, "George" wrote:

[...]

You make two good points there which I have no argument with.

Steve