Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT A mistake on a web site (Humour but really not funny this time)

I have just dealt with these people to help with a stray cat I trapped at
the weekend.

http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/

Some pictures of the cat I trapped are here

http://i25.tinypic.com/12213pu.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrpwts&s=3

Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from the
bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up
correctly?

RIP Cat. The poor thing even had a blue collar with a bell wrapped inside
it's fur and fleas.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:04:58 UTC, "ARWadworth"
wrote:

I have just dealt with these people to help with a stray cat I trapped at
the weekend.

http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/

Some pictures of the cat I trapped are here

http://i25.tinypic.com/12213pu.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrpwts&s=3

Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from the
bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up
correctly?

I see it. Using Mozilla here on a 1280x1024.

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:04:58 GMT, "ARWadworth"
wrote:

I have just dealt with these people to help with a stray cat I trapped at
the weekend.

http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/

Some pictures of the cat I trapped are here

http://i25.tinypic.com/12213pu.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrpwts&s=3

Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from the
bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up
correctly?

RIP Cat. The poor thing even had a blue collar with a bell wrapped inside
it's fur and fleas.

Adam

It's an image
http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/widgets/gen_237.1.gif
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I have just dealt with these people to help with a stray cat I trapped at
the weekend.

http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/

Some pictures of the cat I trapped are here

http://i25.tinypic.com/12213pu.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrpwts&s=3

Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from the
bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up
correctly?

I see it. Using Mozilla here on a 1280x1024.

Should I tell them?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I have just dealt with these people to help with a stray cat I trapped at
the weekend.

http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/

Some pictures of the cat I trapped are here

http://i25.tinypic.com/12213pu.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrpwts&s=3

Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from the
bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up
correctly?

RIP Cat. The poor thing even had a blue collar with a bell wrapped inside
it's fur and fleas.

Adam

It's an image
http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/widgets/gen_237.1.gif

I know what you mean (I hope). It will show on all computers the same. It is
an odd image.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadworth wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

I see it. Using Mozilla here on a 1280x1024.

I see it as well. Using a Blackberry here on 240 x 260.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I have just dealt with these people to help with a stray cat I trapped
at the weekend.

http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/

Some pictures of the cat I trapped are here

http://i25.tinypic.com/12213pu.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrpwts&s=3

Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from
the bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up
correctly?

RIP Cat. The poor thing even had a blue collar with a bell wrapped
inside it's fur and fleas.

Adam

It's an image
http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/widgets/gen_237.1.gif

I know what you mean (I hope). It will show on all computers the same.
It is an odd image.

You should tell them. It's obviously a cropped link to something with the
same name as the site, but the side navbar is too narrow.

We had something similar when the list of tasks on our timesheet had an
abbreviated form of 'Analysis Activites' on it. It wasn't pleasant. And I
certainly wouldn't have wanted to spend hours doing it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Eager
writes
Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from the
bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up
correctly?

I see it. Using Mozilla here on a 1280x1024.

Same here.
--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadworth
writes
I have just dealt with these people to help with a stray cat I trapped
at the weekend.

http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/

Some pictures of the cat I trapped are here

http://i25.tinypic.com/12213pu.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrpwts&s=3

Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from
the bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up
correctly?

If you look closely after the s there is a ' suggesting that it was
done deliberately to shorten the word penistone by removing the tone....

Must have been done a bit tongue in cheek, no one could be that stupid
could they????????????
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 May 2008 21:26:06 UTC, Bill
wrote:

In message , ARWadworth
writes
I have just dealt with these people to help with a stray cat I trapped
at the weekend.

http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/

Some pictures of the cat I trapped are here

http://i25.tinypic.com/12213pu.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrpwts&s=3

Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from
the bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up
correctly?

If you look closely after the s there is a ' suggesting that it was
done deliberately to shorten the word penistone by removing the tone....

Must have been done a bit tongue in cheek, no one could be that stupid
could they????????????

Surely that's just a fragment of the next (cropped) letter?
http://www.diybanter.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-28 19:04:58 +0100, "ARWadworth"
said:

I have just dealt with these people to help with a stray cat I trapped
at the weekend.

http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/

Some pictures of the cat I trapped are here

http://i25.tinypic.com/12213pu.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrpwts&s=3

Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from
the bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up
correctly?

RIP Cat. The poor thing even had a blue collar with a bell wrapped
inside it's fur and fleas.

Adam

There are numerous place name cockups like this. For example, there's
a place in North Wales called Penisarwaun.

It's a shame about the pussycat. In the photos it looks kind of OK
apart from the coat

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 May 2008 21:47:53 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

If you look closely after the s there is a ' suggesting that it was
done deliberately to shorten the word penistone by removing the
tone....

Surely that's just a fragment of the next (cropped) letter?

It is. Turn off images and you will find the that the full text is
displayed "Links: Penistone & Local". The web "designer" is trying to be
clever and get around font restrictions on web pages but cocking it up in
the process.

--
Cheers
Dave.