Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pathclear 3

Right, thinks I, good weather forecast tonight and tomorrow, grandbrats
not coming round, so now I've got time I'll put the Pathclear on the
drive (about 70m2 of block paving).

Duly applied. About 5 hours late it starts to rain; a heavyish burst
followed by lighter stuff. Bugger.

Is 5 hours on the weeds long enough to be effective, or will I have to
apply it again after the Bank Holiday deluge?

It's a damn silly time for a Bank Holiday. 27 (so far) of the 40 Spring
Bank Holidays since Harold Wilson's lot did away with Whit Monday Bank
Holiday have had heavy rain. I can't remember why we were there, but we
drove through a deserted Luton last year, with the River Lea having
flooded fields and parks, causing the Carnival to be cancelled.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Twydell wrote:
Right, thinks I, good weather forecast tonight and tomorrow, grandbrats
not coming round, so now I've got time I'll put the Pathclear on the
drive (about 70m2 of block paving).

Duly applied. About 5 hours late it starts to rain; a heavyish burst
followed by lighter stuff. Bugger.

Is 5 hours on the weeds long enough to be effective, or will I have to
apply it again after the Bank Holiday deluge?

IIRC its a root acting posion, so a bit of rain is good news. Cary it
down to the roots.

Its Glyphosate that washes off and becomes useless.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 May, 15:09, Peter Twydell wrote:
Right, thinks I, good weather forecast tonight and tomorrow, grandbrats
not coming round, so now I've got time I'll put the Pathclear on the
drive (about 70m2 of block paving).

Duly applied. About 5 hours late it starts to rain; a heavyish burst
followed by lighter stuff. Bugger.

Is 5 hours on the weeds long enough to be effective, or will I have to
apply it again after the Bank Holiday deluge?

It's a damn silly time for a Bank Holiday. 27 (so far) of the 40 Spring
Bank Holidays since Harold Wilson's lot did away with Whit Monday Bank
Holiday have had heavy rain. I can't remember why we were there, but we
drove through a deserted Luton last year, with the River Lea having
flooded fields and parks, causing the Carnival to be cancelled.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

I'm not going out to the garden shed to check, but I thought that
Pathclear said on the packet that it only required 10 minutes or so of
dry weather - ie long enough for it to dry on the leaves. I may be so
very wrong on the other hand !

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y
SJP SJP is offline

"Peter Twydell" wrote in message
Right, thinks I, good weather forecast tonight and tomorrow, grandbrats
not coming round, so now I've got time I'll put the Pathclear on the drive
(about 70m2 of block paving).

Duly applied. About 5 hours late it starts to rain; a heavyish burst
followed by lighter stuff. Bugger.

Is 5 hours on the weeds long enough to be effective, or will I have to
apply it again after the Bank Holiday deluge?

It's a damn silly time for a Bank Holiday. 27 (so far) of the 40 Spring
Bank Holidays since Harold Wilson's lot did away with Whit Monday Bank
Holiday have had heavy rain. I can't remember why we were there, but we
drove through a deserted Luton last year, with the River Lea having
flooded fields and parks, causing the Carnival to be cancelled.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Effective against a wide range of both emerged and germinating

weeds.
Packed in measured dose sachets for precise application.
For killing and controlling weeds in paths, patios and drives Can be

used on paths and patios Weed control unaffected by light rainfall 10
minutes after application Contains amitrole, 2,4-D and diuron.
Always read the label as with any chemicals.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , SJP
writes

[...]

Thanks for the replies. It's raining now, so a trip to the garage to
check is out for the time being. I only read the dilution and dosage
info instead of a full RTFM, or in this case RTFP (packet) or RTFB
(box).

--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Peter Twydell
writes
In message , SJP
writes

[...]

Went to the garage and read box and sachets. No mention of specific time
anywhere, just says not to use it if rain is expected shortly.

There seems to have been at least two versions of Pathclear. This one is
Pathclear 3.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!