Eric Cartman

Default Foam brush to apply gloss?

I want to try and get a really good glosh finish on my woodwork after
all the prep I have put into it and was wondering if anyone had tried
the foam brushes (axminster and decoratingdirect do them) that you can
get to apply stains and varnishes? If you did were you happy with the
results?

I will be using an oil based gloss, maybe slightly thinned with white
spirit.

Cheers

EC
Andy Milner

foam brushes are good with acrylic paints and stains but useless on spirit
or oil based paints

"R P McMurphy" wrote in message

"Eric Cartman" wrote in message
om...
| I want to try and get a really good glosh finish on my woodwork after
| all the prep I have put into it and was wondering if anyone had tried
| the foam brushes (axminster and decoratingdirect do them) that you can
| get to apply stains and varnishes? If you did were you happy with the
| results?
|
| I will be using an oil based gloss, maybe slightly thinned with white
| spirit.
|
| Cheers
|
| EC

yes you get a great finish with foam rollers. id only use one on flat
surfaces though. i.e. doors. the foam will only last one or two rinses
though then buy a new one.

rpm

IanJH

"Eric Cartman" wrote in message
om...
I want to try and get a really good glosh finish on my woodwork after
all the prep I have put into it and was wondering if anyone had tried
the foam brushes (axminster and decoratingdirect do them) that you can
get to apply stains and varnishes? If you did were you happy with the
results?

I will be using an oil based gloss, maybe slightly thinned with white
spirit.

Cheers

EC

can confirm that they are indeed excellent... just make sure you get the
ones from axminster that are rated for oil based products.

IanJH

Eric Cartman

"IanJH" wrote in message
can confirm that they are indeed excellent... just make sure you get the
ones from axminster that are rated for oil based products.

IanJH

Thanks guys.

Will order some axminster foam brushes, lay on with roller and lay off
with the foam brush. See how it turns out.

EC