Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Time/thermostat control of FCU ?

I've just had a barrage of complaint from HID because I switched off
the towel rail in the shower area as with the high temperatures
recently the room was like an oven, and then I forgot to switch it
back on again when the outside temperature dropped.

The rail is off a switched FCU - is there anything on the market that
I can fit that will make my life a little pleasanter to live? That is
apart from a memory transplant and at 66 such a boost would have its
advantages!

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
robgraham writes:
I've just had a barrage of complaint from HID because I switched off
the towel rail in the shower area as with the high temperatures
recently the room was like an oven, and then I forgot to switch it
back on again when the outside temperature dropped.

The rail is off a switched FCU - is there anything on the market that
I can fit that will make my life a little pleasanter to live? That is
apart from a memory transplant and at 66 such a boost would have its
advantages!

You could just add a room thermostat.
Need to take Zones into account when positioning.
You might want to choose one where the adjustment
is preset (hidden inside) rather than being exposed.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

robgraham wrote:
I've just had a barrage of complaint from HID because I switched off
the towel rail in the shower area as with the high temperatures
recently the room was like an oven, and then I forgot to switch it
back on again when the outside temperature dropped.

Sheesh - wish I had a quid for every time that's happened in my house...

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 May, 10:29, andrew@a17 (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
robgraham writes:

I've just had a barrage of complaint from HID because I switched off
the towel rail in the shower area as with the high temperatures
recently the room was like an oven, and then I forgot to switch it
back on again when the outside temperature dropped.

The rail is off a switched FCU - is there anything on the market that
I can fit that will make my life a little pleasanter to live? That is
apart from a memory transplant and at 66 such a boost would have its
advantages!

You could just add a room thermostat.
Need to take Zones into account when positioning.
You might want to choose one where the adjustment
is preset (hidden inside) rather than being exposed.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Worth thinking about but it would mean a redecorating task as well as
I would have to chase the cable into the wall. The FCU is part of the
ring circuit if I remember correctly - need to check on that as it
would certainly be easier if it is a spur.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 May, 11:54, Lobster wrote:
robgraham wrote:
I've just had a barrage of complaint from HID because I switched off
the towel rail in the shower area as with the high temperatures
recently the room was like an oven, and then I forgot to switch it
back on again when the outside temperature dropped.

Sheesh - wish I had a quid for every time that's happened in my house...

David

Dave - the furore was such that I feared I was going to have to
**spend** several quid on flowers to pacify her!!!
Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2008 01:57:03 -0700 (PDT), robgraham
wrote:

The rail is off a switched FCU - is there anything on the market that
I can fit that will make my life a little pleasanter to live? That is
apart from a memory transplant and at 66 such a boost would have its
advantages!

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SATLM2453.html mounted by the
side of the existing switch and connected in series with it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The rail is off a switched FCU - is there anything on the market that
I can fit that will make my life a little pleasanter to live? That is
apart from a memory transplant and at 66 such a boost would have its
advantages!

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SATLM2453.html mounted by the
side of the existing switch and connected in series with it?

Hmm - I particularly like the "tamperproof case to prevent unauthorised
adjustment" - there should be more thermostats like that...

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The rail is off a switched FCU - is there anything on the market that
I can fit that will make my life a little pleasanter to live? That is
apart from a memory transplant and at 66 such a boost would have its
advantages!

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SATLM2453.html mounted by the
side of the existing switch and connected in series with it?

Hmm - I particularly like the "tamperproof case to prevent unauthorised
adjustment" - there should be more thermostats like that...

David

Thanks guys - enough for me to go on with there. At £30 odd the
timeswitch will in time be cheaper than X bunches of flowers!

Rob