Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Hoodies

When I was a lad kids were considered "softies" if they wore a hood. Now
they think they are hard! (Even in the rain I felt I couldn't wear my hood!)

Surely a bit of **** taking in the media would soon persuade the hoodies to
take off their hoods.

"Uglies wear hoods!"

"Hoods are for Wimps"

"Hoods are for losers"

"Hoodies can't pull a decent bird"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John wrote:
When I was a lad kids were considered "softies" if they wore a hood. Now
they think they are hard! (Even in the rain I felt I couldn't wear my
hood!)

A true anorak, then.

--
*When you've seen one shopping centre you've seen a mall*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
When I was a lad kids were considered "softies" if they wore a hood. Now
they think they are hard! (Even in the rain I felt I couldn't wear my

hood!)

You live in a nice neighbourhood?

Hoodies basically wear them for one reason and one reason only and thats,
theft,vandalisim ie they cant be identified.

I've actually seen them wearing it up in the height of last years
summer,speaks volumes don't it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In ,
Dave Plowman (News) typed:
In article ,
John wrote:
When I was a lad kids were considered "softies" if they wore a
hood. Now they think they are hard! (Even in the rain I felt I
couldn't wear my hood!)

A true anorak, then.

It's said that fashions go around in cycles. The mini has been, gone & come
back again, now I'm wondering when I can give my balaclavas an airing. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"John" wrote in message
When I was a lad kids were considered "softies" if they wore a hood. Now
they think they are hard! (Even in the rain I felt I couldn't wear my

hood!)

You live in a nice neighbourhood?

Hoodies basically wear them for one reason and one reason only and thats,
theft,vandalisim ie they cant be identified.

I've actually seen them wearing it up in the height of last years
summer,speaks volumes don't it.

Yeah it's funny - I can remember in the 70s lads still wore the same
hooded tops as they do now, but never, ever, ever, would you see a hood
actually being worn - just wasn't done.

For sure it's all about not being ID'ed, but specifically I think it's
the massive increase in the number (and picture quality of surveillance
cameras). These simply weren't around back then, other than in banks etc.

There was a scene in 'Ashes to Ashes' on TV the other day (for the
uninitiated, it features someone who travels back in time the 1980s);
the protagonists were watching 1980s episode of 'Crimewatch' where
someone had committed a robbery wearing a hoodie. The 'Crimewatch'
presenter was urging the public to report anyone they'd seen wearing a
tracksuit top actually with the hood up, because "how odd that would
have looked"... whereupon the time-traveller from 2008 gives a wry smile.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
When I was a lad kids were considered "softies" if they wore a hood. Now
they think they are hard! (Even in the rain I felt I couldn't wear my hood!)

Surely a bit of **** taking in the media would soon persuade the hoodies to
take off their hoods.

"Uglies wear hoods!"

"Hoods are for Wimps"

"Hoods are for losers"

"Hoodies can't pull a decent bird"

I could say "Cowards retreating to the babygrow" ...

.... Oh damm, just did...

;-)

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
.. .

"John" wrote in message
When I was a lad kids were considered "softies" if they wore a hood. Now
they think they are hard! (Even in the rain I felt I couldn't wear my

hood!)

You live in a nice neighbourhood?

Hoodies basically wear them for one reason and one reason only and thats,
theft,vandalisim ie they cant be identified.

I've actually seen them wearing it up in the height of last years
summer,speaks volumes don't it.

WHOOSH-----------------------

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
When I was a lad kids were considered "softies" if they wore a hood. Now
they think they are hard! (Even in the rain I felt I couldn't wear my
hood!)

Surely a bit of **** taking in the media would soon persuade the hoodies
to take off their hoods.

"Uglies wear hoods!"

"Hoods are for Wimps"

"Hoods are for losers"

"Hoodies can't pull a decent bird"

Persuade the gay fashionistas to wear them.

Concoct a national epidemic caused by nits carrying HN51 virus then show
hospital wards full of
miserable looking buggers with heads covered with hood bandages.

If Gordon Brown wore one ...........

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Arthur2 wrote:
Surely a bit of **** taking in the media would soon persuade the
hoodies to take off their hoods.

"Uglies wear hoods!"

"Hoods are for Wimps"

"Hoods are for losers"

"Hoodies can't pull a decent bird"

Persuade the gay fashionistas to wear them.

You think they don't already?

I was filming in a gay bar in Soho a few weeks ago and the place was full
of hoodies.

--
*Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Arthur2 wrote:
Surely a bit of **** taking in the media would soon persuade the
hoodies to take off their hoods.

"Uglies wear hoods!"

"Hoods are for Wimps"

"Hoods are for losers"

"Hoodies can't pull a decent bird"

Persuade the gay fashionistas to wear them.

You think they don't already?

I was filming in a gay bar in Soho a few weeks ago and the place was full
of hoodies.

I like you took care to insert the word "filming" in the previous
sentence....!

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
Persuade the gay fashionistas to wear them.

You think they don't already?

I was filming in a gay bar in Soho a few weeks ago and the place was
full of hoodies.

I like you took care to insert the word "filming" in the previous
sentence....!

Yup. It's an excellent cover for all sorts of devious activities. ;-)

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 May, 19:31, Lobster wrote:

Yeah it's funny *- I can remember in the 70s lads still wore the same
hooded tops as they do now, but never, ever, ever, would you see a hood
actually being worn - just wasn't done.

The 70s lads are now fat, balding grumpy old dads/ grandads. Maybe if
they did start wearing hoodies, they would be less appealing to the
yoofs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 May, 16:13, "John" wrote:
When I was a lad kids were considered "softies" if they wore a hood. Now
they think they are hard! (Even in the rain I felt I couldn't wear my hood!)

Surely a bit of **** taking in the media would soon persuade the hoodies to
take off their hoods.

"Uglies wear hoods!"

"Hoods are for Wimps"

"Hoods are for losers"

"Hoodies can't pull a decent bird"

I did see a news report on the BBC site recently that yobs are going
to be identified by brand labels. Seems like the "Fashion Houses" have
friends in high places.
--
regards,
Dick Treen
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Owain wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Persuade the gay fashionistas to wear them.

You think they don't already? I was filming in a gay bar in Soho a
few weeks ago and the place was full of hoodies.

Are you sure it wasn't just "Chavs and Scallies Nite" instead of
"Leather and Whips Nite"?

Heh heh - don't think it was a pub with dress code nights. I did notice a
few of the hoodies were rather older than usual...

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *