Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bandsaw bits

I am rescuing a DeWalt/ELU DW3401 bandsaw with a cracked wheel. The saw
itself is fine - motor is good, guides look OK etc. but the top *plastic*
wheel is cracked and has worn horribly around the bearings. I suspect the
two things are connected.

Does anybody know good places to get generic 12" bandsaw wheels and/or
tyres in the UK? DeWalt want to sell me an alloy replacement wheel for
£100+VAT without a tyre.. which seems a bit steep!

I've vaguely seen mention of using other alternatives - either a V-belt
pulley with a belt stretched round it and sanded to a crown, or even
making your own wheel from decent plywood.

Any suggestions? I'm trying to do this on a tight budget, otherwise it
would be a new bandsaw in the first place!

planetor bits rah Woodworking 7 July 12th 07 06:47 PM
4mm hex bits The Medway Handyman UK diy 2 January 11th 07 11:37 AM
TuffTooth vs Timber Wolf bandsaw bandsaw comparision Paul Currie Woodworking 0 January 30th 06 11:17 PM
Which Style Drill Bits to Buy? / Opinions on Craftsman Drill Bits? JWho Metalworking 18 November 20th 05 07:07 AM
Bits Bill Reynolds Woodworking 2 November 2nd 03 11:20 PM