Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default Yes folks, its cheaper to heat with electricity!

Apropos of something else, I was moved to research my energy costs.

Night time electricity is currently 4.85p per Kwh.

Oil is a staggering 54p a liter.

Oil energy density is 37.5MJ /liter. Which with a 100% efficient boiler
is still 5.184p per Kwh.

Does anyone make electrical central heating boilers?

I have UFH, which is tantamount to a big ****-off storage radiator anyway !

;-)

If my existing boiler was as low as 50% efficient (its non condensing
oil boiler) I might expect electricity to be cheaper in the daytime a well.

Thank god for nookoleer powah!