Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Filler?

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:43:38 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I want to lay some self adhesive vinyl floor tiles over some existing floor
tiles.

The existing tiles are the very brittle vinyl asbestos ones and have cracked
where carpet gripper has been removed. Bits of tile are missing & I reckon
it will look pants if I tile over the gaps.

Only two options I can see are to remove all the tiles including old
adhesive - which will be a pig of a job, or to fill the gaps with something.

Its going to be in a very thin section of filler & will need to bond to the
adhesive. It will also need to be fairly quick drying, but remain workable
for long enough to get it flush without sanding.

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of the old standby on the group - car body filler.

I was rushing to give that answer when you churlishly gave it
yourself.

It will pong a bit but not for long.

Filler John UK diy 4 December 1st 07 01:54 PM
Filler SantaUK UK diy 2 August 13th 07 11:51 PM
Gap Filler Yaz UK diy 1 March 7th 07 03:58 PM
Gap filler Peter Twydell UK diy 4 December 11th 06 12:40 PM
Best glue for filler Steve Woodworking 4 October 22nd 06 12:31 AM