Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Damn, Damn it

Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or away to
alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas
torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or away
to alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I love to be organised and, conversely, hate being disorganised. One of the
very few things which really annoys me is not being able to organise things
properly, usually due to the lack of space. I dream of owning an enormous,
gleaming workshop with more space than I could possibly use, although I
doubt there's one that large.

Si - With no idea where George put his paint burner. Probably somewhere
safe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
George wrote:
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas
torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or away
to alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I love to be organised and, conversely, hate being disorganised. One of

the
very few things which really annoys me is not being able to organise

things
properly, usually due to the lack of space. I dream of owning an enormous,
gleaming workshop with more space than I could possibly use, although I
doubt there's one that large.

Si - With no idea where George put his paint burner. Probably somewhere
safe.

Hah! you'd be happy with the utility roo at the back of this house then,its
not big but enough room for workshop tools and ample walking space.
Thing is its full of wood and stuff and all me tools are in the spare back
room upstairs. lol

SAFE ya say, some floorboards will have come up in the bathroom later if it
doesn't surface in places where I might think it is? last use the torch had
was in the bathroom soldering a reroute of a water pipe. :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or away to
alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I don't know where it is, but if you buy a replacement, the old one will
appear 5 minutes later.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas
torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or away
to alleviate this sort frustration.

Well when I can't find something the SO has usually put it in one of our
least used cupboards in a dusty corner so the place looks tidier (I was
missing my multimeter and a camera battery, I had been looking for them for
months and stumbled upon them last week).

I'll have a look for you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
George wrote:
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas
torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or away
to alleviate this sort frustration.

Well when I can't find something the SO has usually put it in one of our
least used cupboards in a dusty corner so the place looks tidier (I was
missing my multimeter and a camera battery, I had been looking for them

for
months and stumbled upon them last week).

I'll have a look for you

Hah! yes the uncluttered woman syndrome,if they had their way Hubby's would
be put in a broom cupboard an only pulled out when needed. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/04/2008 12:55 George wrote:

Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas torch?

It's in the little bedroom under the same pile of clothes where I found
my missing jacket.

Management, as in my case, will claim no knowledge...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or away to
alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

Worse still when the pabx that (also) runs the doorphones goes phut, you
order a new one, and the time the man in the van arrives with it, SWMBO
has taken the canine door alarms on a constitutional. Grrr!

Still we have had 3 smashing kittens arrive over the last 24 hours, so
if anyone fancies some little grey tigers (its different color every
time with HER) in a couple of months..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or away to
alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I don't know where it is, but if you buy a replacement, the old one will
appear 5 minutes later.

Which is why I own 4 tape measures and 3 Stanley knives.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-04-24 18:00:05 +0100, Lobster said:

Simon wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or away to
alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I don't know where it is, but if you buy a replacement, the old one will
appear 5 minutes later.

Which is why I own 4 tape measures and 3 Stanley knives.

David

It's funny that it is always those two particular items.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-04-24 18:00:05 +0100, Lobster
said:

Simon wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or
away to
alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I don't know where it is, but if you buy a replacement, the old one will
appear 5 minutes later.

Which is why I own 4 tape measures and 3 Stanley knives.

David

It's funny that it is always those two particular items.....

No, the pencil wins hands down, unless you have the sort of ears that
holds them in place. I haven't, so being a chippy has never been an option.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-04-24 18:00:05 +0100, Lobster
said:

Simon wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas

torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or
away to
alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I don't know where it is, but if you buy a replacement, the old one

will
appear 5 minutes later.

Which is why I own 4 tape measures and 3 Stanley knives.

David

It's funny that it is always those two particular items.....

No, the pencil wins hands down, unless you have the sort of ears that
holds them in place. I haven't, so being a chippy has never been an

option.

Thats easily sorted double sided tape between ya nut and ear. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas
torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

No doubt its in the same place as my piggin coping saw....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...

George wrote:
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas
torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

No doubt its in the same place as my piggin coping saw....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

So are you saying you can't cope no more? ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas
torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or
away to alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I don't know where it is, but if you buy a replacement, the old one
will appear 5 minutes later.

Oh how true! I had a really useful 'Shark' 250mm pry bar, fantastic for
getting embedded nails out & prying in general. Couldn't find it, emptied
the van out - no trace & the bugger cost me £16 (and worth every penny).

In my local B&Q warehouse I spotted one in the clearance bin reduced to £8 &
bought it straight away. Opened the toolbag to pur it securely away - and
there was the original. Still, you can't have too many pry bars can
you.....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
Simon wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas
torch? Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or
away to alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I don't know where it is, but if you buy a replacement, the old one
will appear 5 minutes later.

Which is why I own 4 tape measures and 3 Stanley knives.

Haven't we all.... at least.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-04-24 18:00:05 +0100, Lobster
said:

Simon wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas
torch? Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or
away to
alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I don't know where it is, but if you buy a replacement, the old
one will appear 5 minutes later.

Which is why I own 4 tape measures and 3 Stanley knives.

David

It's funny that it is always those two particular items.....

No, the pencil wins hands down, unless you have the sort of ears that
holds them in place. I haven't, so being a chippy has never been an
option.

Not just me then? Oh good. I buy the tubs of 50 in Staples & they last
about 8 weeks.

Are pencils related to socks?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:25:08 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Not just me then? Oh good. I buy the tubs of 50 in Staples & they last
about 8 weeks.

Are pencils related to socks?

I recall a post on rec.woodworking... the bloke had 2 gross of pencils
for a Christmas present every year.

He'd get the boxes, go to his workshop (double garage sized shed), stand
at the door and throw handfuls in every direction.

By the time next Christmas rolled around it was just getting tricky to
find a pencil when he needed one...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PCPaul" wrote in message
om...
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:25:08 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Not just me then? Oh good. I buy the tubs of 50 in Staples & they last
about 8 weeks.

Are pencils related to socks?

I recall a post on rec.woodworking... the bloke had 2 gross of pencils
for a Christmas present every year.

He'd get the boxes, go to his workshop (double garage sized shed), stand
at the door and throw handfuls in every direction.

By the time next Christmas rolled around it was just getting tricky to
find a pencil when he needed one...

LOL! That's brilliant!

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , George
writes
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or away to
alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

This is really easy -

ignore it andf go looking for something else

It will get jealous and re-appear out of spite ...

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

On 2008-04-24 18:00:05 +0100, Lobster
said:

Simon wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Normally I'm careful about putting tools and attachments down or
away to
alleviate this sort frustration.

No kind remarks of...ain't your arse sore yet. :-P

I don't know where it is, but if you buy a replacement, the old one will
appear 5 minutes later.

Which is why I own 4 tape measures and 3 Stanley knives.

David

It's funny that it is always those two particular items.....

So I got myself an Irwin knife. I never lose that...

--
Rod
onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas
torch?

Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

No doubt its in the same place as my piggin coping saw....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

So are you saying you can't cope no more? ;-)

No I'm just really worried about it - it was a fret saw.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Heh.

A year, maybe 18 months ago I 'lost' a good pair of water pump pliers.
Hunted high and low, couldn't find them anywhere and eventually resigned
myself to their loss..... Could have done with them a few times too.

Then, a month or so back, I was sorting a squeaky floorboard that went
under a partition wall, so needed to pull up the carpet in the next
room. That meant moving a 5-drawer chest of drawers...

You'll never guess what I found in the space below the bottom drawer?
Yup, my water pump pliers! How they got under there I'll never know....

--
Fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"FredCarnot" wrote in message
George wrote:
Arrrrgh! ain't it a bitch when you misplace something.

Heh.

A year, maybe 18 months ago I 'lost' a good pair of water pump pliers.
Hunted high and low, couldn't find them anywhere and eventually resigned
myself to their loss..... Could have done with them a few times too.

Then, a month or so back, I was sorting a squeaky floorboard that went
under a partition wall, so needed to pull up the carpet in the next room.
That meant moving a 5-drawer chest of drawers...

You'll never guess what I found in the space below the bottom drawer? Yup,
my water pump pliers! How they got under there I'll never know....

Have you any small children/ Or a dog? Or a wife who had a vengeance about
18 months ago?

If not that only leaves you :-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:55:10 GMT, "George"
wrote:

Anyone know where I put the paint burning head of me Propane gas torch?

On the roof? I've left tools there in the past!

--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") I am blocking most articles posted from there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well I've searched high and low for it,the back room is now a tip,tools,box
contents all over the place...twas nice and clean before I went rummaging
and now I have a daunting task of making it presentable again.

Arrrrrgh! just for the sake of a bloody burner head which I really need over
the weekend,I don't think I can buy an adaptor head for this torch? as it
came as a Clarke Kit.

She said - why do men always hoard so much junk..looking at the room
contents.

Bless em! they don't understand.
:-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

marvellous,got meself all hyped up and ready to get stuck into burning the
paint of the top front elevation and various other parts.

What happens? it ****es down on and off Sat & Sun.

Great. :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
marvellous,got meself all hyped up and ready to get stuck into burning the
paint of the top front elevation and various other parts.

What happens? it ****es down on and off Sat & Sun.

Great. :-(

You must be further wests..we sat outside yesterday, had a lovely lunch,
and I even got a slight touch of a tan.

Mind you, the slobberoodr is sticking his head under the desk, his tail
between his legs and quivering, so thats a reliable sign that thunder is
expected.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
marvellous,got meself all hyped up and ready to get stuck into burning

the
paint of the top front elevation and various other parts.

What happens? it ****es down on and off Sat & Sun.

Great. :-(

You must be further wests..we sat outside yesterday, had a lovely lunch,
and I even got a slight touch of a tan.

Mind you, the slobberoodr is sticking his head under the desk, his tail
between his legs and quivering, so thats a reliable sign that thunder is
expected.

NW,its been ****ing down all morning upto about 11 o'clock the best part of
the day has gone and I'm peeved off,not worth trying to do it now as the
grey clouds are hovering slowly.

/goes outside and try's to blow them towards TNP's direction.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
George wrote:
marvellous,got meself all hyped up and ready to get stuck into burning
the
paint of the top front elevation and various other parts.

What happens? it ****es down on and off Sat & Sun.

Great. :-(

You must be further wests..we sat outside yesterday, had a lovely lunch,
and I even got a slight touch of a tan.

Mind you, the slobberoodr is sticking his head under the desk, his tail
between his legs and quivering, so thats a reliable sign that thunder is
expected.

Yesterday - beautiful.

Today - starts quite nice. I go up aluminium ladder to clean down
windows frames etc. and in no time thunder, lightning, rain. IMO not
best idea for me to stay up there. But it is quite pleasantly warm -
around 14 C.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
George wrote:
marvellous,got meself all hyped up and ready to get stuck into burning

the
paint of the top front elevation and various other parts.

What happens? it ****es down on and off Sat & Sun.

Great. :-(

You must be further wests..we sat outside yesterday, had a lovely lunch,
and I even got a slight touch of a tan.

Mind you, the slobberoodr is sticking his head under the desk, his tail
between his legs and quivering, so thats a reliable sign that thunder is
expected.

NW,its been ****ing down all morning upto about 11 o'clock the best part of
the day has gone and I'm peeved off,not worth trying to do it now as the
grey clouds are hovering slowly.

/goes outside and try's to blow them towards TNP's direction.

Don't worry, they are here...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:
Have you any small children/ Or a dog? Or a wife who had a vengeance about
18 months ago?

I possess none of these things...

If not that only leaves you :-)

Ubggre )

--
Fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:
Have you any small children/ Or a dog? Or a wife who had a vengeance
about 18 months ago?

I possess none of these things...

If not that only leaves you :-)

Ubggre )

Good word, how is it pronounced?

:-)

Mary

--
Fred

Damn SirBenjamin UK diy 3 December 16th 06 06:03 PM
Damn The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 7 October 5th 06 12:40 AM
Damn,Damn The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 0 September 4th 06 10:23 AM
Ohhh ..... DAMN!! Damn, damn, damn. Broke a gear! Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 9 August 11th 05 07:37 PM
Damn!! ben UK diy 0 July 24th 05 02:51 PM