Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default annoying text messages from screwfix

I'm getting repeated annoying text messages from screwfix about their
new catalogue. I have "unsubscribed" at the website (as the txt
advises) but that had no effect.

I don't see why I should pay to send "STOP" text to them, but if I
knew it would work I might.

Has anyone else had this? I don't remember giving them my number or
permission to txt it. I am signed up to the TPS.

Robert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

RobertL wrote:
I'm getting repeated annoying text messages from screwfix about their
new catalogue. I have "unsubscribed" at the website (as the txt
advises) but that had no effect.

I don't see why I should pay to send "STOP" text to them, but if I
knew it would work I might.

It did with me.

Has anyone else had this? I don't remember giving them my number or
permission to txt it. I am signed up to the TPS.

I don't remember giving permission either. PITA.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Has anyone else had this? I don't remember giving them my number or
permission to txt it. I am signed up to the TPS.

I don't remember giving permission either. PITA.

I know that if you ever enter those prize draws which they regularly do,
you go to a screen where your details are displayed and you're asked
to confirm they are correct; *however* they also take the opportunity of
adding default ticks to all the boxes where you give permission to them
to do whatever the hell they want with your data, which includes crappy
advertexts. So unless you spot that, they've got you.

Now you're both going to tell me you've never entered their prize draws,
aren't you?

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Has anyone else had this? I don't remember giving them my number or
permission to txt it. I am signed up to the TPS.

I don't remember giving permission either. PITA.

I know that if you ever enter those prize draws which they regularly
do, you go to a screen where your details are displayed and you're
asked to confirm they are correct; *however* they also take the
opportunity
of adding default ticks to all the boxes where you give permission to
them to do whatever the hell they want with your data, which includes
crappy advertexts. So unless you spot that, they've got you.

Now you're both going to tell me you've never entered their prize
draws, aren't you?

holds hands up

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Apr, 19:59, Lobster wrote:

Now you're both going to tell me you've never entered their prize draws,
aren't you?

David

I never entered one of their draws - I must have given my number to a
droid at a "trade counter", while not paying attention. Got one text,
replied STOP and didnt get another. I dont know why they bother
because they send me new catalogues in the post anyway.

Regards
Richard