Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Trading Depot" supplier comments?

Hi,

I recently found a new (to me at least) online supplier of electrical,
heating and plumbing stuff called www.tradingdepot.co.uk

Based on a few specimen comparisons (plumbing fittings; MK sockets) prices
seem to be pretty competitive...and the web site rather nicer to use than
either BES or TLC who I currently use in default.

Anybody out there used these guys? Comments on quality of service?

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vortex2 wrote:

I recently found a new (to me at least) online supplier of electrical,
heating and plumbing stuff called www.tradingdepot.co.uk

Based on a few specimen comparisons (plumbing fittings; MK sockets) prices
seem to be pretty competitive...and the web site rather nicer to use than
either BES or TLC who I currently use in default.

Anybody out there used these guys? Comments on quality of service?

The website doesn't inspire confidence, and I would not personally buy
from them. Reasons:

1. No contact phone number.
2. No contact address (legal requirement)
3. No company registration number (legal requirement)

I'm not saying they are bad people, but they have done none of the basic
things that would make me trust a website.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I used them last week for an order of SWA cable and other bits n bobs.
It all arrived on time, well packaged, and the goods were fine. I was
a bit tentative as they've only been trading a month, but they were
fine.

Painters10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grunff wrote:
Vortex2 wrote:

I recently found a new (to me at least) online supplier of electrical,
heating and plumbing stuff called www.tradingdepot.co.uk

Based on a few specimen comparisons (plumbing fittings; MK sockets)
prices seem to be pretty competitive...and the web site rather nicer
to use than either BES or TLC who I currently use in default.

Anybody out there used these guys? Comments on quality of service?

The website doesn't inspire confidence, and I would not personally buy
from them. Reasons:

1. No contact phone number.
2. No contact address (legal requirement)
3. No company registration number (legal requirement)

I'm not saying they are bad people, but they have done none of the basic
things that would make me trust a website.

In their terms and conditions:
"This site is owned and operated by E – Sales UK Limited of Unit 5,
Furze Platt Business Centre, Gardner Road, Maidenhead, Berks. SL6 7RN.
If you want to ask us anything about these terms and conditions or if
you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please
email us at . These terms and conditions govern
the supply of goods by E – Sales UK Limited (Registered in England –
number 06039026) to the customer and constitute the entire and only
agreement between us and the customer."

They do also mention Distance Selling Regs etc which makes a change.

I agree though a more prominent display of who they are would inspire
more confidence.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"robert" wrote in message
Grunff wrote:
Vortex2 wrote:

[...]

The site also gives:
Trading Depot is a trading name of E-SALES UK LIMITED.
Registered address :
49 Cherry Close
Kidlington
Oxford
Oxfordshire OX5 1HJ

Company No. : 06039026
VAT No. : GB 919 7061 06

No phone though, and Kidlington (about 5 miles from me as it happens) is a
quiet residential place, so I suspect the person at the address merely acts
as company secretary and the depot is in Maidenhead. Still, places to write
to if you are so inclined!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Mannix wrote:

No phone though, and Kidlington (about 5 miles from me as it happens) is a
quiet residential place, so I suspect the person at the address merely acts
as company secretary and the depot is in Maidenhead. Still, places to write
to if you are so inclined!

Or could in fact be someone who works from home and dropships.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grunff" wrote in message
Bob Mannix wrote:

No phone though, and Kidlington (about 5 miles from me as it happens) is
a quiet residential place, so I suspect the person at the address merely
acts as company secretary and the depot is in Maidenhead. Still, places
to write to if you are so inclined!

Or could in fact be someone who works from home and dropships.

Got it wrong anyway. Google Earth shows it's north of Kidlington on a proper
industrial estate so probably is where they despatch from.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Mannix" wrote:

The site also gives:
Trading Depot is a trading name of E-SALES UK LIMITED.
Registered address :
49 Cherry Close
Kidlington
Oxford
Oxfordshire OX5 1HJ

Company No. : 06039026
VAT No. : GB 919 7061 06

No phone though, and Kidlington (about 5 miles from me as it happens) is a
quiet residential place, so I suspect the person at the address merely acts
as company secretary and the depot is in Maidenhead. Still, places to write
to if you are so inclined!

A relation of mine operates a business whose registered business
address is her home address, but she operates out of a small factory
unit. There is nothing unusual or underhand about it.

People often register their business at the office address of their
accountant or a solicitor. There is nothing unusual or underhand
about that, either.

The main purpose of a registered address is to provide an address at
which legal papers can be served.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Mannix" wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
. ..
Bob Mannix wrote:

No phone though, and Kidlington (about 5 miles from me as it happens) is
a quiet residential place, so I suspect the person at the address merely
acts as company secretary and the depot is in Maidenhead. Still, places
to write to if you are so inclined!

Or could in fact be someone who works from home and dropships.

Got it wrong anyway. Google Earth shows it's north of Kidlington on a proper
industrial estate so probably is where they despatch from.

According to Multimap, which also offers aerial photos, the stated
postcode is in a residential area.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message
"Bob Mannix" wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
.. .
Bob Mannix wrote:

No phone though, and Kidlington (about 5 miles from me as it happens)
is
a quiet residential place, so I suspect the person at the address
merely
acts as company secretary and the depot is in Maidenhead. Still, places
to write to if you are so inclined!

Or could in fact be someone who works from home and dropships.

Got it wrong anyway. Google Earth shows it's north of Kidlington on a
proper
industrial estate so probably is where they despatch from.

According to Multimap, which also offers aerial photos, the stated
postcode is in a residential area.

'Flashearth' indicates that the post-code aligns onto 'Cherry Close'. Aerial
photo' indicates that 'Cherry Close' is a "sort of" Tee shaped close with an
extra bit off the stem leading northwards.

All of the properties on Cheery Close appear to be residential ... no
indication of 'commercial activity.

--
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]