Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Large Shed Base

I am hoping to erect a large 12x12ft shed ona site which is paved but
uneven. The shed people tell me the base should be even to 1cm approx.

From my pictures at www.dthorpe.net/viewing/ you can see how some of
the paving has raised up over the years.

What would be the easiest/best way of prepearing this site for the new
shed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

From my pictures at www.dthorpe.net/viewing/ you can see how some of
the paving has raised up over the years.

What would be the easiest/best way of prepearing this site for the new
shed?

I'd just re-lay the old slabs. Pretty easy if you pack them out as you
go rather than trying to level the whole area in advance. Get one level,
then bed the next one on sharp sand and knock it down with the handle of
a club hammer or a block of wood. When you get to the edge of the area,
scoop out 4" or so of the sand and replace it with mortar to stop the
sand washing away.
It's not how the pros do it, but it's always worked well for me, and you
can do a bit at a time
Posted to uk.d-i-y

From my pictures at www.dthorpe.net/viewing/ you can see how some of
the paving has raised up over the years.

What would be the easiest/best way of prepearing this site for the new
shed?

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Sheds
explains the options, and their implications. As with most diy jobs,
the easiest way can bite you later.

NT

shed base coco[_2_] UK diy 6 August 19th 07 03:29 AM
Shed base repairs Stephen Howard UK diy 2 April 18th 07 10:38 AM
base for new shed Glenn UK diy 3 November 23rd 06 08:57 AM
Shed base help [email protected] UK diy 6 August 28th 06 12:14 AM
Concrete shed base Craig Graham UK diy 4 June 29th 04 06:46 AM