Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Large silicone fillets

I'm a fan of the Fugen-boy gizzmos but I need to silicone around the
base of a loo and the gap is too large for the largest curve in my box
of three F-Bs. (The loo needed about 6mm packing at the front because of
the floor slope).

Questions:
Are there any large F-Bs available anywhere?
How do I get a good large fillet without an F-B?
Can silicone be built-up in layers, once a previous layer has cured?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Renamed: How to smooth large silicone fillets

NoSpam wrote:
I'm a fan of the Fugen-boy gizzmos but I need to silicone around the
base of a loo and the gap is too large for the largest curve in my box
of three F-Bs. (The loo needed about 6mm packing at the front because of
the floor slope).

Questions:
Are there any large F-Bs available anywhere?
How do I get a good large fillet without an F-B?
Can silicone be built-up in layers, once a previous layer has cured?

Dave

Sorry, the original title looked more like an advert for fish or breast
implants than DIY
DS
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
I'm a fan of the Fugen-boy gizzmos but I need to silicone around the
base of a loo and the gap is too large for the largest curve in my box
of three F-Bs. (The loo needed about 6mm packing at the front because of
the floor slope).

Questions:
Are there any large F-Bs available anywhere?

The Fugi set you get from plumbworld has a 16mm maximum bead - that
ought to cover most gaps!

How do I get a good large fillet without an F-B?

With difficulty... but polypropylene ice cream tubs can make a good
source of material to cut into a suitable tool.

Can silicone be built-up in layers, once a previous layer has cured?

Yes.

--
Cheers,

John.