Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aquabord again..

Still looking for some glue.. went in toolstation and they said they used to
sell aquabord and the buyers used gluescrew or similar to put it up.
Does this sound OK or should I use a neutral cure silicone?
Silicone doesn't appear to have much strength anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Apr, 20:18, "dennis@home" wrote:
Still looking for some glue.. went in toolstation and they said they used to
sell aquabord and the buyers used gluescrew or similar to put it up.
Does this sound OK or should I use a neutral cure silicone?
Silicone doesn't appear to have much strength anyway.

do you need strength or stickability ?
High Modulus silicone is superb for sticking things in place ... it's
not rigid, as a small amount of 'give' but sticks to just about
anything.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Osprey" wrote in message
On 16 Apr, 20:18, "dennis@home" wrote:
Still looking for some glue.. went in toolstation and they said they used
sell aquabord and the buyers used gluescrew or similar to put it up.
Does this sound OK or should I use a neutral cure silicone?
Silicone doesn't appear to have much strength anyway.

do you need strength or stickability ?
High Modulus silicone is superb for sticking things in place ... it's
not rigid, as a small amount of 'give' but sticks to just about
anything.

I wish I knew, I just read the destructions and it said solvent free
silicone spread on the wall and press the board on from the bottom to
eliminate air bubbles. Two 310 ml tubes per board typical.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:18:26 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

Still looking for some glue.. went in toolstation and they said they used to
sell aquabord and the buyers used gluescrew or similar to put it up.
Does this sound OK or should I use a neutral cure silicone?
Silicone doesn't appear to have much strength anyway.

You can use dot and dab Dennis but use a waterproof tape on the joins
if in a wet area.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Still looking for some glue.. went in toolstation and they said they used
sell aquabord and the buyers used gluescrew or similar to put it up.
Does this sound OK or should I use a neutral cure silicone?
Silicone doesn't appear to have much strength anyway.

You can use dot and dab Dennis but use a waterproof tape on the joins
if in a wet area.

It comes with corner cover pieces that are siliconed to the wall and then to
the boards with a clip on cover strip on top.
I hope they are water proof after that. 8-)