Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom lighting suggestions?

After pricing up a customers bathroom refurb, it has prompted me to do
something about my own bathroom.
The fittings are all ok, but the walls and ceiling are very dated (6"
white tiles, only around the bath,with grout going grey,ceiling in white
emulsion that has started to peel in a couple of places etc).

The tiling and ceiling will be done in the usual way - buy whatever I
can afford, then put it up when I get time.
But before I start on that, I'd like to put in new lighting.

I have seen one bathroom where there is a PIR sensor inside the door,
which lights up around 6 ceiling mounted low voltage
spotlights/downlights.
I'd like to replicate this.

How many lights are required (12v 20w iirc) to illuminate a ~6 feet
square bathroom?

I was thinking 4, plus an extra combined fan/light over the bath.
Are there any kits with the PIR included?

PIR sensors. Easy to fit? Reliable?
How do they work? say it is daytime, but you want the lights on, will
they turn on then?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Alan.

Bathroom remodel lighting suggestions? [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 24th 06 04:45 AM
Need lighting suggestions synergy3000 Home Repair 5 December 5th 05 04:58 PM
Looking for photo's or suggestions for kitchen/hallway lighting [email protected] UK diy 3 November 11th 05 11:17 AM
Bathroom Lighting Vass UK diy 1 November 7th 05 09:21 PM
bathroom lighting frank spencer UK diy 0 May 16th 05 12:54 PM