Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default rainwater downpipe

Does anyone know if there's a rodding eye/ access plate available for
standard 68mm downpipe? At the moment it goes directly into the ground
via a ceramic pipe and, although there's a drain cover nearby, it isn't
really close enough to rod the downpipe easily.

I know I should probably fit a proper gully, but at the moment that's
not going to happen. Too many other pressing tasks.

Thanks for any advice.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a rodding eye/ access plate available for
standard 68mm downpipe? At the moment it goes directly into the ground
via a ceramic pipe and, although there's a drain cover nearby, it isn't
really close enough to rod the downpipe easily.

I know I should probably fit a proper gully, but at the moment that's
not going to happen. Too many other pressing tasks.

Thanks for any advice.

You can get a branch fitting which could possibly be used for rodding.
Ideally needs a cap but in practise I dont think water will come out
under normal conditions. eg screwfix 10055.

hth

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a rodding eye/ access plate available for
standard 68mm downpipe? At the moment it goes directly into the ground
via a ceramic pipe and, although there's a drain cover nearby, it
isn't really close enough to rod the downpipe easily.

I know I should probably fit a proper gully, but at the moment that's
not going to happen. Too many other pressing tasks.

Thanks for any advice.

You can get a branch fitting which could possibly be used for rodding.
Ideally needs a cap but in practise I dont think water will come out
under normal conditions. eg screwfix 10055.

hth

Bob

Cheers Bob. Hadn't thought of that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Apr, 20:16, Bob Minchin wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a rodding eye/ access plate available for
standard 68mm downpipe? At the moment it goes directly into the ground
via a ceramic pipe and, although there's a drain cover nearby, it isn't
really close enough to rod the downpipe easily.

I know I should probably fit a proper gully, but at the moment that's
not going to happen. Too many other pressing tasks.

Thanks for any advice.

You can get a branch fitting which could possibly be used for rodding.
Ideally needs a cap but in practise I dont think water will come out
under normal conditions. eg screwfix 10055.

hth

Bob

I believe you can get stop ends for branches, or use a big bung.

Minimal cost solution: Cut a hole in the side of the pipe and cover it
with a short length of the same size pipe (or squeezy bottle) slit
into a C shape and held on with a pipe clip. With plastic you may be
able to get a sufficiently-closed C for it to spring on and hold by
itself. A bit of water may come through, but when it's raining the
ground will be wet anyway.

Chris