Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Much better now.

A few days ago I introduced a filter on this usenet mailing list to
eliminate all posts coming from google groups. I strongly recommend
you all do the same.

It is now a very pleasant experience to read the list. True, some
threads start with a troll-feeder, and sometimes I miss the start of an
interesting thread where the OP is using GG. Like the poor, we will
always have trolls and troll feeders, but over-quoting means that I
seldom miss the gist of the very very few interesting threads started
in GG.

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheOldFellow wrote:
A few days ago I introduced a filter on this usenet mailing list to
eliminate all posts coming from google groups. I strongly recommend
you all do the same.

It is now a very pleasant experience to read the list. True, some
threads start with a troll-feeder, and sometimes I miss the start of an
interesting thread where the OP is using GG. Like the poor, we will
always have trolls and troll feeders, but over-quoting means that I
seldom miss the gist of the very very few interesting threads started
in GG.

R.

How nice. I guess you're happy to use the Google archives though
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 7, 2:03*pm, TheOldFellow wrote:
A few days ago I introduced a filter on this usenet mailing list to
eliminate all posts coming from google groups. *I strongly recommend
you all do the same.

It is now a very pleasant experience to read the list. True, some
threads start with a troll-feeder, and sometimes I miss the start of an
interesting thread where the OP is using GG. Like the poor, we will
always have trolls and troll feeders, but over-quoting means that I
seldom miss the gist of the very very few interesting threads started
in GG.

R.

Good for you, YouOldFart.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , TheOldFellow
wrote
A few days ago I introduced a filter on this usenet mailing list to
eliminate all posts coming from google groups. I strongly recommend
you all do the same.

I did the same for all usenet groups that I subscribe to and it's made a
big difference, in a positive way, to the readability of the groups.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com