Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solderless copper bonding glue?

Hi,

I was in a PM the other day and noticed a leaflet for a solderless
copper bonding liquid. Does this stuff work and how long do the joints
last for? The website for the stuff was
http://www.kalimex.co.uk/section.htm...01.02.&pgid=30

James
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

James Salisbury wrote:
Hi,

I was in a PM the other day and noticed a leaflet for a solderless
copper bonding liquid. Does this stuff work and how long do the joints
last for? The website for the stuff was
http://www.kalimex.co.uk/section.htm...01.02.&pgid=30

This chap is pretty happy (review on this page):

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.554758/walk.yah.UKGD-U085?ref=gsm

But seems expensive - £10-00 plus p&p to do 40 "welds"? What is a weld -
a single 15mm connection? I'd assume so.

Also interesting that B&Q were touted as stockists (in 2005) but seem no
longer to list it. I would have thought it just up their street - high
profit, appeals to inexperienced people, etc.

Also - only usable for 12 months. Not therefore ideal to keep in the
shed on a just-in-case basis.

Nonetheless, I would consider it for that damned inaccesible joint that
urgently needs to be made.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2008 16:13, Rod wrote:

But seems expensive - £10-00 plus p&p to do 40 "welds"? What is a weld -
a single 15mm connection? I'd assume so.

200 welds for $30 sounds better
http://www.justforcopper.com/JFCProGroup.htm

Also - only usable for 12 months.

once opened ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Andy Burns wrote:
On 06/04/2008 16:13, Rod wrote:

But seems expensive - £10-00 plus p&p to do 40 "welds"? What is a weld
- a single 15mm connection? I'd assume so.

200 welds for $30 sounds better
http://www.justforcopper.com/JFCProGroup.htm

Also - only usable for 12 months.

once opened ...

True. It could be 12 months and a day otherwise - or a decade. No
information.

Must admit, my mind thought of buying some for a particulaly awkward job
and leaving the remainder in the shed.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi

I bought a bottle from B&Q last week, reduced from 30 quid to 20 quid
for a large bottle - they had small bottles (not reduced) too. I
usually use solder ring connections and this worked out a lot cheaper
as I bought end feed.

All went very well, will let you know in 20 years if it's all still
ok

Cheers
Kev

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
James Salisbury wrote:
I was in a PM the other day and noticed a leaflet for a solderless
copper bonding liquid. Does this stuff work and how long do the joints
last for? The website for the stuff was
http://www.kalimex.co.uk/section.htm...01.02.&pgid=30

You should note it's an insulator which may or may not matter.

--
*Even a blind pig stumbles across an acorn now and again *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.