DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Turbo Gold offer @ Screwfix (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/241209-turbo-gold-offer-%40-screwfix.html)

The Medway Handyman April 1st 08 09:42 PM

Turbo Gold offer @ Screwfix

Anyone who hasn't sampled the delights of the Turbo Gold screw - a thing of
wondrous beauty - nows your chance.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/82486&...adcast-_-Image

£25 for 2,600 of the little gems + a steel case.

As you might have guessed I rather like them.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

[email protected] April 1st 08 09:45 PM

Turbo Gold offer @ Screwfix

Those trade cases always seem weighted away from what I mostly use.
When are we going to be able to select the mix we want in the box
online?

[email protected] April 1st 08 09:47 PM

Turbo Gold offer @ Screwfix

Oh - and I'm shifting more to spax.

Rob Hamadi April 1st 08 09:52 PM

Turbo Gold offer @ Screwfix

On Apr 1, 9:47 pm, " wrote:
Oh - and I'm shifting more to spax.

I've been using Spax recently (a local shed closed down and was
knocking them out for bugger-all money) and I love them.

How do Turbo Golds compare?
--
Rob

Bob Eager April 1st 08 10:02 PM

Turbo Gold offer @ Screwfix

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:52:34 UTC, Rob Hamadi
wrote:

On Apr 1, 9:47 pm, " wrote:
Oh - and I'm shifting more to spax.

I've been using Spax recently (a local shed closed down and was
knocking them out for bugger-all money) and I love them.

Our local B&Q must be doing the same thing - they had a bin full of Spax
for 50p a box last weekend. The 'middle' sizes were mostly gone, but I
had plenty of those anyway...

http://www.diybanter.com

Andy Hall April 1st 08 10:15 PM

Turbo Gold offer @ Screwfix

On 2008-04-01 21:52:34 +0100, Rob Hamadi said:

On Apr 1, 9:47 pm, " wrote:
Oh - and I'm shifting more to spax.

I've been using Spax recently (a local shed closed down and was
knocking them out for bugger-all money) and I love them.

How do Turbo Golds compare?

The Spax ones are better, IME, and the Torx versions better than the Pozidriv.

[email protected] April 1st 08 10:32 PM

Turbo Gold offer @ Screwfix

How do Turbo Golds compare?

TurboGold seem to tear a bit more, Spax cuts a smoother thread - but
TG is a lot cheaper.

[email protected] April 1st 08 10:35 PM

Turbo Gold offer @ Screwfix

Our local B&Q must be doing the same thing - they had a bin full of Spax
for 50p a box last weekend. The 'middle' sizes were mostly gone, but I
had plenty of those anyway...

I think spax are revising their packaging and naming scheme - there
may be more old stock bargains

John Stumbles April 1st 08 11:19 PM

Turbo Gold offer @ Screwfix

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 14:32:55 -0700, wrote:

How do Turbo Golds compare?

TurboGold seem to tear a bit more, Spax cuts a smoother thread - but
TG is a lot cheaper.

I think Screwfix Goldscrews are closer to Spax than their Turbogold are.
The turbos have notches in the threads. Personally I prefer the Gold
and snaffled a trade case of them for about the same price when they were
on clearance a couple of years ago.

--
John Stumbles

Procrastinate now!