Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Default coffee-filter paper is excellent for ----- ?

what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y
max max is offline

In article
,
phlegmatico wrote:

what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

strain yogurt to make farmer cheez. or something.

--
This signature can be appended to your outgoing mesages. Many people include in
their signatures contact information, and perhaps a joke or quotation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:28:31 UTC, max wrote:

In article
,
phlegmatico wrote:

what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

strain yogurt to make farmer cheez. or something.

Straining the sediment from vintage or crusted port.

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

phlegmatico wrote in news:91dbdbec-2be5-4a48-
:

what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

Use a filter in the bottom of the plastic bucket to keep your tomato
plant's dirt from coming through when you grow tomatoes upside down in a
bucket.

--
~Donna
http://www.frugalsewing.com
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

"phlegmatico" wrote in message
what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

Stuffing it up the arris of idiots who post stupid questions to the wrong
group?

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:17:29 -0700 (PDT), phlegmatico wrote:

what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

Chromatography.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 25, 3:17*pm, phlegmatico wrote:
what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

Washing windows.
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

"phlegmatico" wrote in message
what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

When you run out of candy at Halloween, you can give a sheet of
coffee-filter paper instead. Watch the kid's eyes sparkle with delight.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

"max" wrote in message
In article
,
phlegmatico wrote:

what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

strain yogurt to make farmer cheez. or something.

Something perhaps but not cheese!

Mary

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:17:29 -0700 (PDT), phlegmatico wrote:

what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

Chromatography.

But coffee filters are often coloured :-(

Mary

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

"phlegmatico" wrote in message
what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

I use it for a final filtering of beeswax - after filtering it through
tea-bag fabric.

Then I keep the wax impregnated papers to use for firelighters. They're
fragrant and efficient, far superior to the horrid stinking paraffin blocks.

Mary

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Arvin wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...

| "phlegmatico" wrote in message
| what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?
|
| Stuffing it up the arris of idiots who post stupid questions to the wrong
| group?

arris
n. edge, line where two surfaces meet

arse[??s]
n. ass, buttocks (British Slang); someone who is stupid or repulsive
(Offensive, British Slang)

'Arris,
A tweed made by a cockney immigrant to Scotland.
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

liner for potted plants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

"phlegmatico" wrote in message
what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

mag i'm reading has these uses:

catch sticky popsicle drips
brew loose leaf tea if you have no strainer
leaves glass streakles
place between cast iron skillets to absorb any water
strain soup stock
place over cameral lens to diffuse light and soften image
place upside down over food to be microwaved
tie up 2 tbsp of baking soda in one and use as a closet, drawer, bin
freshener
embroidery stabilizer
use with remover to take off nail polish if you run out of cotton balls

excellent lipperryan UK diy 0 January 3rd 08 03:56 PM
excellent lipperryan Home Repair 0 January 3rd 08 03:43 PM
carbon filter for water filter car crash Home Repair 4 November 22nd 06 03:35 PM
removed wall paper and drywall paper came off with it PipeDown Home Repair 3 June 14th 06 04:01 AM