Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wet underfloor heating questions

My brother will be starting an extension soon and he is considering
underfloor CH? Is it really as good as it claims to be?

I see various problems. The extension will be a bedroom with an ensuite over
his attatched garage.

1. He will be heating up the floorboards and probably a carpet before he
gets any heat, that must be a massive waste of energy. Would a good quality
wooden floor be better than a carpet?

2. Would I need to zone off the bedroom and ensuite seperately? I will zone
them off from the rest of the house regardless.

3. One thing we have considered is making the ensuite floor lower than the
bedroom floor so that UFH could be laid in a tiled screed above the
floorboards and it's finished level would be the same as the bedroom. Is
that feasible?

Adam

Underfloor heating as primary heating mkkbb UK diy 58 October 15th 06 01:34 PM
Electric Underfloor Heating - AHT Heating [email protected] UK diy 11 March 14th 06 12:50 PM
Underfloor Heating Questions razerindemix UK diy 0 March 5th 06 07:05 PM
Underfloor heating Geoffrey UK diy 3 February 14th 06 12:47 PM
Underfloor Heating KJR UK diy 0 July 6th 05 08:24 PM