Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help diagnosing dishwasher

Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I am hoping for a DIY fix.

My Neff S5456 dishwasher has developed a fault where it does not heat
the water properly. It heats it a bit, so I don't think it is heater
element failure. Before it normally got steamy hot, now it is just
warm. Cycle time has become massive (was 80mins now 190mins) and not
surprisingly things are still wet at the end, however it does finish
the cycle.

I read that sometimes the heater relay gets a dry solder joint causing
intermittent heating, but I've had the control unit to bits and it all
looks lovely in there. So it's either the heater itself being
intermittent or a sensor fault. Any dishwasher experts could advise
where to look? I have got exploded diagrams of it off the Bosch spares
website (it's a rebadged Bosch really) but there are quite a lot of
undescribed sensors on it.

Tim Mitchell
Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 17/03/2008 21:29 wrote:

My Neff S5456 dishwasher has developed a fault where it does not heat
the water properly.

Ask at
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...viewforum&f=33

I've had good advice from there and have got parts at decent prices.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Mar, 21:37, F wrote:
On 17/03/2008 21:29 wrote:

My Neff S5456 dishwasher has developed a fault where it does not heat
the water properly.

Ask athttp://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&...

I've had good advice from there and have got parts at decent prices.

Thanks, good link.
It appears it has some sort of water level sensor fault, it is heating
the water, but sometimes does not have any water in it when it should!

Tim Mitchell