Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Makita Drill now £71.99

B+Q have a Makita Combi Drill, 18V, model 8390DWPE3, on sale for
£169.98- anybody who does DIY know this is a really good drill. This
week to Saturday, srewfix have it reduced to £ 79.99, local press
advert, or print out the web page from screwfix. Take it to your local
B+Q and they will price match, and knock off 10%= £71.99 !

Ps I bought two, the second B+Q store started to say that Screwfix,
and weren't sure if they could match fix, when I showed them their own
literature they reluctantly agrred !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
B+Q have a Makita Combi Drill, 18V, model 8390DWPE3, on sale for
£169.98- anybody who does DIY know this is a really good drill.

Why? Get yourself an Impact Driver and good SDS drill. It can't see the
need for bulky, heavy combi drill.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
B+Q have a Makita Combi Drill, 18V, model 8390DWPE3, on sale for
£169.98- anybody who does DIY know this is a really good drill. This
week to Saturday, srewfix have it reduced to £ 79.99, local press
advert, or print out the web page from screwfix. Take it to your local
B+Q and they will price match, and knock off 10%= £71.99 !

Ps I bought two, the second B+Q store started to say that Screwfix,
and weren't sure if they could match fix, when I showed them their own
literature they reluctantly agrred !

B&Q Norwich won't price match (match fix?) with Screwfix as they are
relatives.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 7, 1:27*pm, "mark" wrote:
wrote in message

B+Q have a Makita Combi Drill, 18V, model 8390DWPE3, on sale for
£169.98- anybody who does *DIY know this is a really good drill. This
week to Saturday, srewfix have it reduced to *£ 79.99, local press
advert, or print out the web page from screwfix. Take it to your local
B+Q and they will price match, and knock off 10%= £71.99 !

Ps I bought two, the second B+Q store started to say that Screwfix,
and weren't sure if they could match fix, when I showed them their own
literature they reluctantly agrred !

B&Q Norwich won't price match (match fix?) with Screwfix as they are
relatives.

mark

Makes no difference-tell them to ring their head office- or get any
brochure from B=Q and look at price promise details-no mention of fact
that both are owned by kingfisher-stick to your guns!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
B+Q have a Makita Combi Drill, 18V, model 8390DWPE3, on sale for
£169.98- anybody who does DIY know this is a really good drill. This
week to Saturday, srewfix have it reduced to £ 79.99, local press
advert, or print out the web page from screwfix. Take it to your local
B+Q and they will price match, and knock off 10%= £71.99 !

Ps I bought two, the second B+Q store started to say that Screwfix,
and weren't sure if they could match fix, when I showed them their own
literature they reluctantly agrred !

***************************

I know it is all about saving money but personally I would rather pay a
couple of quid more and give the cash to the company that has the balls to
price it competitively in the first place. But I suppose on the other hand
it is good to screw the company that has it for sale at a ridiculously high
price ;o)

Also if you go through Quidco to screwfix you get 6% back.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steven Campbell wrote:

Also if you go through Quidco to screwfix you get 6% back.

Brilliant - is that new? I used to put all my Screwfix orders via
rpoints, but they stopped it a couple of years back: I didn't know
Screwfix participated in any of the rebate schemes now.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
Steven Campbell wrote:

Also if you go through Quidco to screwfix you get 6% back.

Brilliant - is that new? I used to put all my Screwfix orders via
rpoints, but they stopped it a couple of years back: I didn't know
Screwfix participated in any of the rebate schemes now.

Yeah I think they have just launched on quidco
http://www.quidco.com/ They are on this page down the right side.

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 17:48:44 -0000, Steven Campbell wrote:

I suppose on the other hand it is good to screw the company that has it
for sale at a ridiculously high price ;o)

Particularly when it is the *same* company! Kingfisher plc.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

What ****es me off with Scewfix is that they always seem to reduce the
price of a product just after I have bought it.

This drill is no exception. I bought mine AT £99 before Xmas.

When I bought a pillar drill it was hardly out of its packaging before
the price dropped considerably and it was much the same when I replaced
my consumer unit.

--
Roger Chapman

Warranty on Makita cordless drill / Starter drill kits emsee UK diy 18 August 14th 06 07:03 PM
Makita Drill James \Cubby\ Culbertson Woodworking 0 May 22nd 06 05:51 PM
Makita Drill Tom Dacon Woodworking 3 May 22nd 06 02:55 AM
Makita Drill Leon Woodworking 0 May 22nd 06 12:00 AM
Makita drill Mark UK diy 2 May 18th 06 01:03 AM