Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q installation service

Has anyone on here used B&Q to also install their purchases, i.e. Kitchens,
bathrooms etc?
I am going to start replacing my en-suite shortly (shower enclosure, toilet
and basin). No alterations to the position of anything, so no major
plumbing works necessary. I may even have a go myself, it's just the
time.......not enough hours in the day.

It would be a full rip out and replace, including tiling.

I have heard that B&Q offer installations on their products, has anyone had
B&Q install anything for them? What was the quality of the work like? Is
the price reasonable? Did they return to correct any problems (if any)?

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"diy-newby" wrote in message ...
Has anyone on here used B&Q to also install their purchases, i.e.
Kitchens, bathrooms etc?
I am going to start replacing my en-suite shortly (shower enclosure,
toilet and basin). No alterations to the position of anything, so no
major plumbing works necessary. I may even have a go myself, it's just
the time.......not enough hours in the day.

It would be a full rip out and replace, including tiling.

I have heard that B&Q offer installations on their products, has anyone
had B&Q install anything for them? What was the quality of the work like?
Is the price reasonable? Did they return to correct any problems (if
any)?

TIA

All is outsourced to local fitters.

Find a local fitter and save yourself a fortune.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 09:42:00 -0000, "diy-newby" wrote:

I have heard that B&Q offer installations on their products, has anyone had
B&Q install anything for them? What was the quality of the work like? Is
the price reasonable? Did they return to correct any problems (if any)?

The work is done by companies which bid the lowest price for the
installation contract each year. They are paid a fixed amount for
each installation so want to finish them as quickly as possible.

The better fitters don't go after this sort of work as it isn't very
profitable unless you cut corners on the installation.

The fitters don't get paid for fixing faults so have no great
incentive to come back and do so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

In article , diy-newby wrote:
Has anyone on here used B&Q to also install their purchases, i.e. Kitchens,
bathrooms etc?

Have a read of http://jogblog.wordpress.com/category/bq-bathroom/

Thats the end of the saga - it's worth reading back :-)

Of course, they outsource to local fitters anyway so you may well have
a better (or worse?) experience....

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

diy-newby wrote:
Has anyone on here used B&Q to also install their purchases, i.e.
Kitchens, bathrooms etc?
I am going to start replacing my en-suite shortly (shower enclosure,
toilet and basin). No alterations to the position of anything, so no
major plumbing works necessary. I may even have a go myself, it's
just the time.......not enough hours in the day.

It would be a full rip out and replace, including tiling.

I have heard that B&Q offer installations on their products, has
anyone had B&Q install anything for them? What was the quality of
the work like? Is the price reasonable? Did they return to correct
any problems (if any)?

If its anything like B&Q's Handyman service you're gonna need another
mortgage to pay them :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk