Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How long before I can get onto a slab of newly laid concrete, this time of year ??

How long should I wait before I can get onto a 5 inch thick slab of
newly laid concrete.

Its not raining but its been plastic sheeted just incase, and there is
no imminent frost.

Would a week be OK, as I want to remove the shuttering and get the
soil and grass laid around it. And then a shed put ontop of it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking thelane wrote :
How long should I wait before I can get onto a 5 inch thick slab of
newly laid concrete.

Its not raining but its been plastic sheeted just incase, and there is
no imminent frost.

Would a week be OK, as I want to remove the shuttering and get the
soil and grass laid around it. And then a shed put ontop of it.

It should certainly be hard enough in a week for most purposes.

24 hours should see it hard enough to walk upon gently, with perhaps
some board to spread your weight and hard enough to remove the
shuttering with care. Two to three days should see it hard enough to
gently build a prefabricated hut upon.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:24:34 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

After serious thinking thelane wrote :
How long should I wait before I can get onto a 5 inch thick slab of
newly laid concrete.

Its not raining but its been plastic sheeted just incase, and there is
no imminent frost.

Would a week be OK, as I want to remove the shuttering and get the
soil and grass laid around it. And then a shed put ontop of it.

It should certainly be hard enough in a week for most purposes.

24 hours should see it hard enough to walk upon gently, with perhaps
some board to spread your weight and hard enough to remove the
shuttering with care. Two to three days should see it hard enough to
gently build a prefabricated hut upon.

A grand designs said a few days for concrete compared to the 3 weeks
it was going to take for some limecrete base (which they had to
insulate with straw to keep the winter frosts off it)

http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Posted to uk.d-i-y

thelane wrote:
How long should I wait before I can get onto a 5 inch thick slab of
newly laid concrete.

Its not raining but its been plastic sheeted just incase, and there is
no imminent frost.

Would a week be OK, as I want to remove the shuttering and get the
soil and grass laid around it. And then a shed put ontop of it.

If just walking, at this time of year, two days.

newly laid carpet Patt Home Repair 4 May 21st 07 12:18 AM
how can I clean my newly laid sandstone deck? -keevill- Home Repair 1 February 25th 06 02:51 AM
Starting Generator After Being Laid Up For A Year [email protected] Home Repair 2 July 28th 05 05:46 PM
Newly laid wooden floor - need an expert! Andrew Wiseman UK diy 5 November 13th 03 08:13 PM
How to Stiffen Concrete While Keeping Long Work Time? Jay Chan Home Repair 6 July 11th 03 03:46 AM