Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New toilet-old drains

I find that having installed a new toilet with a 6 litre flush I am having
to occasionally rod the drains. I have had the drains power flushed and
inspected with a camera and they are ok.. Having lowered the amount of water
in flush has their been any changing of the regulations regarding how the
drains are laid.

Sam Farrell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Feb, 18:29, "Sam Farrell" wrote:
I find that having installed a new toilet with a 6 litre flush I am having
to occasionally rod the drains. I have had the drains power flushed and
inspected with a camera and they are ok.. Having lowered the amount of water
in flush has their been any changing of the regulations regarding how the
drains are laid.

Sam Farrell

Sam
I didn't have the inspection, but I had the same experience with old
drains (porcelain on a 50m run to a septic tank). Installed a toilet
with low flush for fluids and 6 months later the system blocked and
took probably more water than had been saved to get the drain to
clear. I disconnected the low flush and haven't had any bother since.

I do wonder whether in the final analysis, the modern plastic drain
with its almost seamless joints is better than porcelain in the end.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message

from robgraham contains these words:

I do wonder whether in the final analysis, the modern plastic drain
with its almost seamless joints is better than porcelain in the end.

Yes, almost certainly.

I don't know about absolute lifespan, but certainly in terms of
intervals between clearance of major blockages. And it's virtually
impervious to root penetration, too.

Plumbing: Toilet does not flush, but drains are not clogged. Aaron[_2_] Home Repair 3 October 6th 07 03:53 PM
Drains! 2600 UK diy 3 March 5th 07 05:25 PM
Water gurgle in toilet when washing machine drains [email protected] Home Repair 5 October 4th 06 01:44 AM
drains Alistair Riddell UK diy 6 February 22nd 06 09:14 PM
Basement toilet drains... what am I looking at? [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 31st 05 02:59 PM