DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   F****** Ikea (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/232187-f%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-ikea.html)

[email protected] February 1st 08 09:26 AM

F****** Ikea

Bought new Ikea shower curtains to replace old Ikea shower curtains.

New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

The Natural Philosopher February 1st 08 09:53 AM

F****** Ikea

wrote:
Bought new Ikea shower curtains to replace old Ikea shower curtains.

New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

But think how much planet you save.

Si[_2_] February 1st 08 10:30 AM

F****** Ikea

In message
,
" writes
Bought new Ikea shower curtains to replace old Ikea shower curtains.

New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

I'd get my eyes checked so that next time I could read the label rather
than blame Ikea.

--
Si

John February 1st 08 12:10 PM

F****** Ikea

wrote:
Bought new Ikea shower curtains to replace old Ikea shower curtains.

New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

Hah, you think you have problems?

We bought a new bed and mattress from the less than four years ago. The
mattress has a 25-year guarantee and we've now got a problem with it so I
rang the Warrington store where we bought it from (it's the closest to us at
about 42 miles away) and asked them to get someone out to look at it.

"Oh we don't do that Sir. You have to make an appointment and bring it back
to the store where our experts will inspect it".

So they expect me to carry a 5ft 3in wide x 6ft 6in long x about 10in deep
mattress in my car, for 42 miles. She suggested I hire a van and that the
cost would be reimbursed if it was found to be faulty under the terms of the
guarantee - yeah, right!

I'm sure that somewhere, written in print so small that it would need the
magnifying power of a NASA telescope to see, they would quote something that
would exempt them from repairing/replacing my mattress and I'd be 50 quid
van hire down and still need a new mattress.

B******S!!

John

Ziggur February 1st 08 12:59 PM

F****** Ikea

wrote:

Bought new Ikea shower curtains to replace old Ikea shower curtains.

New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

Pushing the boundaries of "DIY" with this one aren't we?

--
"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"

Skipweasel February 1st 08 02:15 PM

F****** Ikea

In article 3466d8d5-2c0e-4694-a703-df8b079d2865
@v46g2000hsv.googlegroups.com, says...
New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

That'll suit me - I had to chop 4" off our last lot!

--
Skipweasel.
Never knowingly understood.

Man at B&Q February 1st 08 03:38 PM

F****** Ikea

On Feb 1, 9:26*am, " wrote:
Bought new Ikea shower curtains to replace old Ikea shower curtains.

New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

You did take the required measurements with you and check the size
before you purchased, didn't you?

MBQ

Mark February 1st 08 11:28 PM

F****** Ikea

wrote in message
Bought new Ikea shower curtains to replace old Ikea shower curtains.

New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

People still have shower curtains?

mark

George February 1st 08 11:33 PM

F****** Ikea

"John" wrote in message

Hah, you think you have problems?

We bought a new bed and mattress from the less than four years ago. The
mattress has a 25-year guarantee and we've now got a problem with it so I
rang the Warrington store where we bought it from (it's the closest to us

at
about 42 miles away) and asked them to get someone out to look at it.

Doesn't a bed start creaking after a few years? or is that side of things a
thing of the past? ;-)

25 years guarantee! blimey I'd expect to change me bed after five...bed bugs
thing ya know. ;-)

George February 1st 08 11:34 PM

F****** Ikea

wrote in message
Bought new Ikea shower curtains to replace old Ikea shower curtains.

New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

So lower the curtain rail by four inches. ;-)

Heliotrope Smith February 2nd 08 12:41 AM

F****** Ikea

"George" wrote in message

wrote in message
Bought new Ikea shower curtains to replace old Ikea shower curtains.

New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

So lower the curtain rail by four inches. ;-)

Oh no!......

Now the water ****in over the top.

Doki February 2nd 08 09:46 AM

F****** Ikea

"George" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

Hah, you think you have problems?

We bought a new bed and mattress from the less than four years ago. The
mattress has a 25-year guarantee and we've now got a problem with it so I
rang the Warrington store where we bought it from (it's the closest to us

at
about 42 miles away) and asked them to get someone out to look at it.

Doesn't a bed start creaking after a few years? or is that side of things
thing of the past? ;-)

25 years guarantee! blimey I'd expect to change me bed after five...bed
bugs
thing ya know. ;-)

My experience of Ikea beds is that they start creaking almost instantly. Not
the mattress, but the frame.