Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toasted sandwich makers that last 13 months ?

Hi, Slightly off topic, but this forum always manages to amaze and
enlighten.

We eat lots of cheese toasted sandwiches, and have a Breville sandwich
maker with removable & washable plates.

The Teflon usually starts to come off the plates after a while
(usually just outside warranty). It's possible to buy replacement
plates (£11 for plates £16 for the whole thing). I don't want to buy a
new toaster which is wasteful, but I resent pouring good money into
a never ending series of replacement plates. The economics look
somewhat like inkjet printers, where it's cheaper to buy a new printer

has anyone found a toasted sandwich maker which:

1) Seals the sandwich (i.e not pannini style - a baked bean pannini
is not easy to eat )

2) has plates which can be easily removed to be cleaned in a
dishwasher

Cost may not be a factor IF I can find one which lasts

many thanks

Jonathan Ives
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jives11 wrote:
[...]

Yup. I gave up on em for similar reasons.

Following this thread with interest.

many thanks

Jonathan Ives

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jives11 wrote:

1) Seals the sandwich (i.e not pannini style - a baked bean pannini
is not easy to eat )

2) has plates which can be easily removed to be cleaned in a
dishwasher

Cost may not be a factor IF I can find one which lasts

No, by their nature they are disposable. Let's say you use it 4 times a
week. That's 200 cycles a year, which if you replace every year is 8p
per cycle. Not bad value. Not everything lasts forever.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cost may not be a factor...

http://www.dualit.com/content.asp?pa...categoryCode=3
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 14, 10:51 am, jives11 wrote:

The Teflon usually starts to come off the plates after a while
(usually just outside warranty). It's possible to buy replacement
plates (£11 for plates £16 for the whole thing). I don't want to buy a
new toaster which is wasteful, but I resent pouring good money into
a never ending series of replacement plates. The economics look
somewhat like inkjet printers, where it's cheaper to buy a new printer

has anyone found a toasted sandwich maker which:

1) Seals the sandwich (i.e not pannini style - a baked bean pannini
is not easy to eat )

2) has plates which can be easily removed to be cleaned in a
dishwasher

Cost may not be a factor IF I can find one which lasts

The life of PTFE is governed by the quality of the preparation which
with Breville might well be quite good.

After that it is down to: operating temperature, cleaning regimens and
amount of abrasion in use. Sugar can apparently damage it.

Maybe you leave the heating element on for too long?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 02:51:15 -0800 (PST), jives11
wrote:

[...]

So, apart from the Dualit weg our Breville Duo (non removable
plates) is still doing well after a few years but then we don't use it
*very* regularly.

It has lost the teflon in a couple of the corners but not enough to
case any problems it seems.

And unlike the toaster [1] provides very predictable results.

All the best ..

T i m

[1] Any toaster we have used so far (see toaster threads) ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Cost may not be a factor...

http://www.dualit.com/content.asp?pa...categoryCode=3

Two coats of non stick! How did they get the second to stick to the first?

Adam

JVC AX-R551 amp, fuse? or toasted? dke3591 Electronics Repair 3 July 22nd 07 01:25 AM
ping: wanna sandwich RayV Home Repair 0 August 7th 06 01:37 PM
Sandwich flat roof Mark Hindley UK diy 4 November 5th 05 01:36 PM
deck sandwich beam splice [email protected] Home Repair 1 August 16th 05 06:51 PM