Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chniney Hood Sizes

hello all

i have a 60cm hob and i would like to buy a chimney hood to match is it
recomended that i get a 60cm hood or a wider one.

thank you in advance

--
regards

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy" wrote in message
.. .
hello all

i have a 60cm hob and i would like to buy a chimney hood to match is it
recomended that i get a 60cm hood or a wider one.

thank you in advance

--
regards

Andy

In my previous house I had fitted a 60cm hood over a 60cm gas hob and
regretted it because it did not always capture the steam/ cooking fumes.
Currently I have fitted a 90cm hood over a 60cm gas hob and am well
satisfied with it's performance. I would guestimate that on half power
setting it captures perhaps 90% as opposed to say 70% that the 60cm hood
captured.
It's also important to consider air flows in your kitchen before siting the
cooker/hob. My air intake to the kitchen is sited at the dining end which
is at the opposite end of the cooker location.
Hope this helps
Best Regards
Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Dec, 10:24, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote:
"Andy" wrote in message

[...]

Wider the better. More important is a good size outlet hole and
trunking. Also if the outlet faces into the prevailing wind (Usually
SW) be sure and fit a deflector or the motor can burn out pretty
quick.

Paul Mc cann
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Donwill wrote:

A big thank you to all who replied thanks very much

best wishes for the new year

--
Regards

Radiator sizes Keith Dunbar UK diy 58 July 4th 07 07:27 PM
how nut sizes are detemined rb Home Repair 10 May 5th 07 06:18 PM
Drywall sizes Eigenvector Home Repair 32 September 2nd 06 08:17 PM
Auger Bit Sizes John Gonser Woodworking 2 July 13th 06 10:36 PM
Radiator Sizes Mark UK diy 10 March 22nd 06 07:03 PM