Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tinting masonry paint.

The front of my house was painted a couple of years ago and is standing
up pretty well. Should last another couple of years.
But I've just removed the window boxes and the paint on the concrete sill
underneath them is pretty scrappy looking. I've given it a good scrub -
but it's still rather tatty. I've got some spare paint - but it would look
silly being fresh white while all the other paintwork has mellowed. Could
I tint it to match and with what?

--
*Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The front of my house was painted a couple of years ago and is
standing up pretty well. Should last another couple of years.
But I've just removed the window boxes and the paint on the concrete
sill underneath them is pretty scrappy looking. I've given it a good
scrub - but it's still rather tatty. I've got some spare paint - but
it would look silly being fresh white while all the other paintwork
has mellowed. Could I tint it to match and with what?

paint dye.
It comes in several colours, red, blue, black and ochre, these can be mixed
with any type of paint whether oil or water based and can be had from a good
paint outlet.
The ochre one is a sort of muddy yellow and can be used to make white paint
anything from a very pale magnolia to deep cream.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote
The front of my house was painted a couple of years ago and is standing
up pretty well. Should last another couple of years.
But I've just removed the window boxes and the paint on the concrete sill
underneath them is pretty scrappy looking. I've given it a good scrub -
but it's still rather tatty. I've got some spare paint - but it would look
silly being fresh white while all the other paintwork has mellowed. Could
I tint it to match and with what?

Often in these circumstances it is only you that notices the
differences!

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com