DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hawk II combi no Heating (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/226341-hawk-ii-combi-no-heating.html)

[email protected][_2_] December 16th 07 07:44 PM

Hawk II combi no Heating

I have an aging ferroli Hawk II combi boiler and it has developed a
fault. It had a loss of pressure, which it often does, but now I have
refilled it no heating. The hot water is OK and the Pump is working
but all that happens for heating is that the boiler fires for approx
30 seconds then goes off for 10 minutes and then repeats. The
radiators are very slightly warm. Any help and ideas would be
appreciated
Thanks

geoff December 16th 07 08:04 PM

Hawk II combi no Heating

In message
,
" writes
I have an aging ferroli Hawk II combi boiler and it has developed a
fault. It had a loss of pressure, which it often does, but now I have
refilled it no heating. The hot water is OK and the Pump is working
but all that happens for heating is that the boiler fires for approx
30 seconds then goes off for 10 minutes and then repeats. The
radiators are very slightly warm. Any help and ideas would be
appreciated
Thanks

Air lock ?

--
geoff

Ed Sirett December 17th 07 07:10 PM

Hawk II combi no Heating

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:44:21 -0800, wrote:

I have an aging ferroli Hawk II combi boiler and it has developed a
fault. It had a loss of pressure, which it often does, but now I have
refilled it no heating. The hot water is OK and the Pump is working but
all that happens for heating is that the boiler fires for approx 30
seconds then goes off for 10 minutes and then repeats. The radiators are
very slightly warm. Any help and ideas would be appreciated
Thanks

Pump problem (despite what you say).
Air locks.
detached impellor.
Temperature sensor.

Main flow/return isolator(s) closed.

See SealedCH FAQ about the pressure.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk

[email protected][_2_] December 18th 07 10:42 AM

Hawk II combi no Heating

On 17 Dec, 19:10, Ed Sirett wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:44:21 -0800, wrote:
I have an aging ferroli Hawk II combi boiler and it has developed a
fault. It had a loss of pressure, which it often does, but now I have
refilled it no heating. The hot water is OK and the Pump is working but
all that happens for heating is that the boiler fires for approx 30
seconds then goes off for 10 minutes and then repeats. The radiators are
very slightly warm. Any help and ideas would be appreciated
Thanks

Pump problem (despite what you say).
Air locks.
detached impellor.
Temperature sensor.

Main flow/return isolator(s) closed.

See SealedCH FAQ about the pressure.

The FAQ for uk.diy is athttp://www.diyfaq.org.uk
Sealed CH FAQhttp://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html
Choosing a Boiler FAQhttp://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/BoilerChoice.html

Took everything apart, then back together and it started going, don't
know why. The day before I undid the screw on the outside of the pump
and I can hear the pump stop, if i push in the hole with a screwdriver
it starts. Bleed the heat exchanger and found no air. If I listen at
the rads I can hear the pump pushing water so if it is the pump what
else can I do to confirm this. The mother board has diagnostic LEDs to
show whats going on and when working and power applied some should
light, however I have never seen any of them lite. Checked temp sensor
and 1K which corresponds to cold water in Rads, CH overheat
thermostate closed. I think it could well have needed venting, which I
did but never found any air. Just hope it keeps going
Thanks

[email protected][_2_] December 18th 07 01:46 PM

Hawk II combi no Heating

On 18 Dec, 10:42, " wrote:
[...]

I think I will try and replace the pressure release vent valve which
is causing the loss of pressure, how easy is it to replace.
Thanks