Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pest control?

Hi group.

I have a creature (my guess is a mouse) in the floor space in our house.
The building is a chalet bungalow. I'm trying to work out how to
remove or kill the damn thing.

Part of that it to figure if it has access outside or not, because if
not, it will die soon enough anyway since I don't think there is any way
into or out of that space inside the house.

I noticed that it seemed to be able to move from one side of the room to
another, going the wrong way for the joists. I conclude that either
there are some holes in the joists for cables/pipes that it can squeeze
through, or it has access to the soffits.

One floorboard was up in a room for a short while recently, so it's just
possible (but unlikely) that the cat brought something in and it got
down that hole. More likely is that it has outside access. If I lift a
board upstairs or take out a bulb in a downlight downstairs, I get a
cool breeze, so there must be some gaps into that space.

How are the eaves of a chalet bungalow typically constructed, in
relation to the soffits, walls, floor joists, roof joists, etc.

Any other useful advice? I'm wishing for infrared goggles and a
high-powered nail gun at the moment...

Thanks in advance.

John

Pest Control Dottie Home Ownership 1 February 9th 07 11:11 PM
Pest Control Dottie Home Repair 3 February 9th 07 08:57 PM
Pest Control Web Site [email protected] Home Repair 2 February 7th 06 07:15 AM
Pest Control Treatments [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 25th 05 11:07 PM
pest control Antony Gelberg UK diy 5 April 21st 05 07:08 PM