Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb Tim Lamb is offline

Default Pest control?

In article , John Carlyle-Clarke
writes
Hi group.

I have a creature (my guess is a mouse) in the floor space in our house.
The building is a chalet bungalow. I'm trying to work out how to
remove or kill the damn thing.

ISTR a discussion on how small a hole serves as a mouse highway. My
personal experience is 7/16" but that was a Shrew:-)

Source? Cat most likely. Route, escape Moggy by hiding under fridge or
low furniture. After that, who knows. As you say, C/H pipe runs etc.

Chalet bungalow construction will have large voids either side of the
dormers (useful cupboard space) and IME open to the under floor joist
space.

Solution? Baited traps in the area where it is heard.

Hope it isn't pregnant.

regards
--
Tim Lamb