Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roofing Question

I have a question, I have had to install a satellite cable over a slate tile
roof. Does anybody know if there is a clip that can fix to the slate or
wedge the tiles.

Thanks Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen Dawson wrote:
I have a question, I have had to install a satellite cable over a slate tile
roof. Does anybody know if there is a clip that can fix to the slate or
wedge the tiles.

Thanks Steve

A preferred route would be down the gable end and in through a drilled
hole. Is this not possible in your case? Slates can be fragile. I don't
think I'd put one under continuous stress.

Peter Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter Scott" wrote in message

Stephen Dawson wrote:
I have a question, I have had to install a satellite cable over a slate
tile roof. Does anybody know if there is a clip that can fix to the slate
or wedge the tiles.

Thanks Steve

A preferred route would be down the gable end and in through a drilled
hole. Is this not possible in your case? Slates can be fragile. I don't
think I'd put one under continuous stress.

Peter Scott

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reply, however this is not possible, the dish is on the chimney
with the multicore sat cable laid in the valley. Thanks for the point about
the fragile slate.

Rgds

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen Dawson formulated on Thursday :
I have a question, I have had to install a satellite cable over a slate tile
roof. Does anybody know if there is a clip that can fix to the slate or wedge
the tiles.

Thanks Steve

Get hold of some thin lead sheet and cut it into long thin strips -
long enough to push up under a tile and hook onto the tiles top edge,
then form an hook on the end. Couple of turn around the cable should
hold it firm.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen Dawson" wrote in message
I have a question, I have had to install a satellite cable over a slate

tile
roof. Does anybody know if there is a clip that can fix to the slate or
wedge the tiles.

Thanks Steve

Not quite sure if you want to put the cable through the roof or just clip it
to the roof tiles or slates.
If you want to clip it to the slates or tiles, get a length of wire about 6"
or 150mm long, take off the PVC covering to expose the copper wire. bend the
single strand of copper wire into a U bend, put the U bend over the cable
and push the two open ends under the slate or tiles as far as it will go
until the cable is tight down. This is repeated about every 3' or 1m down
the slope of the roof.

Roofing Question Lawrence Home Repair 0 May 22nd 07 11:45 PM
Roofing Question Lawrence Home Repair 0 May 22nd 07 11:44 PM
Roofing Question Lawrence Home Repair 0 May 22nd 07 11:44 PM
Roofing Question Lawrence Home Repair 0 May 22nd 07 11:42 PM
Roofing question Ron Truitt Home Repair 1 October 5th 05 05:28 PM