Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Default (ex-)Transco Transit 2 battery electrics

I've just bought an ex-Transco Transit 100. Apart from an orange flashing
light (now gracing teenage sprog's bedroom :-)) it has various interesting
adaptations including an MOD-looking pull-down laptop shelf, a Stornoway
6000 radio, two antennae and much electrical/electronic gizmos.

It also has two batteries and an "Intellitec Battery Guard 2000". I guess
the second battery is to run the laptop & Stornoway, and possibly other
gizmos, but the (extra) interior lights seem to be off the main battery
and when they're all on trigger the battery disconnector after a period of
minutes rather than hours. (It may be that the battery's a bit flat since I
haven't given it a good run since I bought it.) I'm inclined to move the
interior lights to the auxiliary battery whilst I've got it, but I'd like
to know more about how the two are wired up before messing around.

Anyone got any info on these setups?

(And info on the laptop shelf, Stornoway, Page Alarm, electric wash basin
on the back door &c &c most welcome too.)

--
John Stumbles

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Tits like coconuts
Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 2007-12-03 13:28:26 +0000, John Stumbles said:

I've just bought an ex-Transco Transit 100.

Is it white?

[...]

These Transco guys have it cushy. Mind you, if one had to dig
trenches to fix gas pipes in this weather a little comfort would be
reasonable.

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 2007-12-03 13:28:26 +0000, John Stumbles
said:

[...]

transits have the option of twin batteries from the factory , you will
first need to find out if it was a factory option or if transco did it
in house , usally if its a factory fit then the batteries are linked in
parallel and service the vehicle as a whole , if its done in house by
transco then each battery will have dedicated services

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles formulated on Monday :
It also has two batteries and an "Intellitec Battery Guard 2000". I guess
the second battery is to run the laptop & Stornoway, and possibly other
gizmos, but the (extra) interior lights seem to be off the main battery
and when they're all on trigger the battery disconnector after a period of
minutes rather than hours. (It may be that the battery's a bit flat since I
haven't given it a good run since I bought it.) I'm inclined to move the
interior lights to the auxiliary battery whilst I've got it, but I'd like
to know more about how the two are wired up before messing around.

My guess would be that it will be a similar set up to a caravan or
motorhome secondary battery charging system. A relay enables when the
engine is running, linking the secondary battery to the main one to
enable it to charge. I would also expect some protection for the
secondary battery to prevent its voltage dropping too low, as in
disconnecting it from its load.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 13:28:26 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

I've just bought an ex-Transco Transit 100. Apart from an orange flashing
light (now gracing teenage sprog's bedroom :-)) it has various interesting
adaptations including an MOD-looking pull-down laptop shelf, a Stornoway
6000 radio, two antennae and much electrical/electronic gizmos.

Sounds cool!
Laptop shelf? Sounds like it'd make a great vehicle! Orange flashing
light! Even better.
Where from? And how much?

It also has two batteries and an "Intellitec Battery Guard 2000". I guess
the second battery is to run the laptop & Stornoway, and possibly other
gizmos, but the (extra) interior lights seem to be off the main battery
and when they're all on trigger the battery disconnector after a period of
minutes rather than hours. (It may be that the battery's a bit flat since I
haven't given it a good run since I bought it.) I'm inclined to move the
interior lights to the auxiliary battery whilst I've got it, but I'd like
to know more about how the two are wired up before messing around.

Anyone got any info on these setups?

(And info on the laptop shelf, Stornoway, Page Alarm, electric wash basin
on the back door &c &c most welcome too.)

http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I've just bought an ex-Transco Transit 100. Apart from an orange
flashing light (now gracing teenage sprog's bedroom :-)) it has
various interesting adaptations including an MOD-looking pull-down
laptop shelf, a Stornoway 6000 radio, two antennae and much
electrical/electronic gizmos.

Sounds cool!
Laptop shelf? Sounds like it'd make a great vehicle! Orange flashing
light! Even better.

I got an orange flashing light from toolstation for about a £5. It was
originally intended as a wind up for my daughter, but its actually come in
really useful a couple of times.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I've just bought an ex-Transco Transit 100. Apart from an orange
flashing light (now gracing teenage sprog's bedroom :-)) it has
various interesting adaptations including an MOD-looking pull-down
laptop shelf, a Stornoway 6000 radio, two antennae and much
electrical/electronic gizmos.

Sounds cool!
Laptop shelf? Sounds like it'd make a great vehicle! Orange flashing
light! Even better.

I got an orange flashing light from toolstation for about a £5. It was
originally intended as a wind up for my daughter, but its actually come in
really useful a couple of times.

Him indoors would prefer blue flashing lights but isn't prepared to
join the police to get them.
An interesting stocking filler idea for a present though...
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember John Stumbles
saying something like:

a Stornoway 6000 radio

Storno, you mean.

http://www.storno.co.uk/model_table.htm

Stornoway is a town in the arse end of nowhere.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article , The Medway
Handyman writes
wrote:

I've just bought an ex-Transco Transit 100. Apart from an orange
flashing light (now gracing teenage sprog's bedroom :-)) it has
various interesting adaptations including an MOD-looking pull-down
laptop shelf, a Stornoway 6000 radio, two antennae and much
electrical/electronic gizmos.

Sounds cool!
Laptop shelf? Sounds like it'd make a great vehicle! Orange flashing
light! Even better.

I got an orange flashing light from toolstation for about a £5. It was
originally intended as a wind up for my daughter, but its actually come in
really useful a couple of times.

Watch how you use it as I think there are pretty strict (and daft) rules
on their use with vehicles, no cites I'm afraid, it's been a while.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla