Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bath filler

Hi, I could do with some advice from the group.

I have just fitted a whirlpool bath which came with all taps/fittings.
However, the flow-rate from, especially the hot tap is pathetic.

All fittings are 1/2" BSP and the bath was supplied with 15mm flexible
hoses.

The hot water system is a storage type and the old bath and taps were
3/4" BSP and worked just fine.

The idea is to remove the fitted taps etc. and replace with some that
don't restrict the flow and have 3/4 BSP fittings so I can use 22mm pipe
for the hot feed.

The present fittings are the 5 hole variety.

Could anyone recommend a supplier for 5 hole fittings that will work at
low pressure?

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Dee" wrote in message
Hi, I could do with some advice from the group.

I have just fitted a whirlpool bath which came with all taps/fittings.
However, the flow-rate from, especially the hot tap is pathetic.

All fittings are 1/2" BSP and the bath was supplied with 15mm flexible
hoses.

That won't help, as bath taps are normally 3/4" (as you point out further
down in your post). Also the 15mm flexies only have a bore of approx 8 to
10mm therefore restricting the flow somewhat. As you have a gravity fed HW
system you really need the feed pipe (hot) as large as you can get it, the
cold is mains fed (I presume) so if you pressure is OK then that can be left
as is.

The hot water system is a storage type and the old bath and taps were 3/4"
BSP and worked just fine.

OK

The idea is to remove the fitted taps etc. and replace with some that
don't restrict the flow and have 3/4 BSP fittings so I can use 22mm pipe
for the hot feed.

Is the existing pipework 22mm and then reduced to 15mm to take the flexis?

The present fittings are the 5 hole variety.

I don't understand this terminology sorry could you elaborate or point me in
the direction of a picture?

Could anyone recommend a supplier for 5 hole fittings that will work at
low pressure?

See above

Cheers

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

Is the existing pipework 22mm and then reduced to 15mm to take the flexis?

The present fittings are the 5 hole variety.

I don't understand this terminology sorry could you elaborate or point me in
the direction of a picture?

Cheers

John

Hi John, thanks for the reply.
Yes, the hot feed is 22mm adapted to fit the 15mm flexi.
I know it would be better to keep with 22mm all the way to the tap but
its fitting is 1/2" BSP.

5 hole taps on this page:
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...s_5_Range.html

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Dee wrote:
Hi, I could do with some advice from the group.

I have just fitted a whirlpool bath which came with all taps/fittings.
However, the flow-rate from, especially the hot tap is pathetic.

All fittings are 1/2" BSP and the bath was supplied with 15mm flexible
hoses.

The hot water system is a storage type and the old bath and taps were
3/4" BSP and worked just fine.

The idea is to remove the fitted taps etc. and replace with some that
don't restrict the flow and have 3/4 BSP fittings so I can use 22mm pipe
for the hot feed.

The present fittings are the 5 hole variety.

Could anyone recommend a supplier for 5 hole fittings that will work at
low pressure?

Low pressure fittings - especially of the style you may want - are
becoming difficult to find and likely to be expensive.

Unfortunately the simple answer is to fit a pump.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, try management *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.