Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Self Bleeding radiator valves?

Hi

I have a mixture of mostly old style raiators that require a little key
to blled them and the odd new type. I was wondering if there is such a
thing as self bleeding raiator valves for the old type. I have seen this
type of valve on qvc for new style radiators.

Thanks

Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott wrote:
Hi

I have a mixture of mostly old style raiators that require a little key
to blled them and the odd new type. I was wondering if there is such a
thing as self bleeding raiator valves for the old type. I have seen this
type of valve on qvc for new style radiators.

Thanks

Scott

I have found these singularly useless. Eventually the fibrous inserts
that are meant to 'breathe' clog up with impurities from the water and
inhibitor and fail to work. Best to eliminate the source of the air
getting into the radiators in the first place. I only need to bleed at
one point and then once a year maximum.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:53:32 +0000, Scott wrote:

Hi

I have a mixture of mostly old style raiators that require a little key to
blled them and the odd new type. I was wondering if there is such a thing
as self bleeding raiator valves for the old type. I have seen this type of
valve on qvc for new style radiators.

Thanks

Scott

==================================
Yes, they will fit and Focus sell them (without instructions) much cheaper
- about £2-00p each.

Mine haven't been in long enough to confirm or otherwise the reservations
expressed by another poster but it's worth bearing in mind that they might
fail in time.

Cic.

--
Using Ubuntu Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Cicero" wrote in message
news
[...]

I also don't think they are much use. Bleeding the radiators is hardly a
major chore. (although remembering where you left the key is a challenge).
My experience is that the self bleeding ones weep a bit before they seal.