Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Interior Doors

Hi,

I'm looking at replacing all my upstairs interior doors with white 6
panel doors.

Does the group think that there is any quality difference between the
B&Q ones (16 pounds) or the Bostonian brand ones at Travis Perkins and
Rigeons (normally ~ 23 pounds, but currently on offer at around same
price as B&Q.)

That might imply that buying the Bostonian is the obvious way to go -
but the B&Q ones are also available ready painted (instead of just
white undercoat) for 25 pounds. Bostonian is not available like that.
Ready painted is attractive to me.

Slightly OT (as not DIY):
I might have them fitted instead of doing it myself.
What does the group think is a reasonable price for swaping doors ? I
have 9 upstairs doors to change. Frames are all in good shape. One
quote so far was 50 per door which I thought high, but then he told me
he would only do 2, maybe 3 in a day which shocked me.

Thanks.

Jim