Posted to uk.d-i-y
borosteve borosteve is offline

Default Interior Doors

On 18 Oct, 12:25, Jim wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking at replacing all my upstairs interior doors with white 6
panel doors.

Does the group think that there is any quality difference between the
B&Q ones (16 pounds) or the Bostonian brand ones at Travis Perkins and
Rigeons (normally ~ 23 pounds, but currently on offer at around same
price as B&Q.)

That might imply that buying the Bostonian is the obvious way to go -
but the B&Q ones are also available ready painted (instead of just
white undercoat) for 25 pounds. Bostonian is not available like that.
Ready painted is attractive to me.

Slightly OT (as not DIY):
I might have them fitted instead of doing it myself.
What does the group think is a reasonable price for swaping doors ? I
have 9 upstairs doors to change. Frames are all in good shape. One
quote so far was 50 per door which I thought high, but then he told me
he would only do 2, maybe 3 in a day which shocked me.

Thanks.

Jim

Personally I would not buy anything made of wood from B&Q as I've
found the quality is crap.We bought internal pine wood doors,over half
had to go back because they were warped so badly.I bought dado rail
that could not be fitted for the same reason so now I steer well clear
and go to a more reputable timber supplier were there are no issues as
their storage is better and the quality of the wood superior.

Borosteve.