Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

Default Downlighters and flower pots

The downlighters I have installed have the loft insulation simply pushed
away from them to leave a gap. Unfortunately the multi-legged
inhabitants of the loft seem attracted by the warmth and are falling
into the fittings where they collect on the glass plate, block the light
and are slow roasted.

I'm thinking of placing clay plant pots above the fittings to keep the
wildlife away and to stop the insulation gradually moving back. The
question is, how much bigger than the light fittings do the plant pots
need to be? Too small and the lamps are presumably going to

Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
The downlighters I have installed have the loft insulation simply pushed
away from them to leave a gap. Unfortunately the multi-legged
inhabitants of the loft seem attracted by the warmth and are falling
into the fittings where they collect on the glass plate, block the light
and are slow roasted.

I'm thinking of placing clay plant pots above the fittings to keep the
wildlife away and to stop the insulation gradually moving back. The
question is, how much bigger than the light fittings do the plant pots
need to be? Too small and the lamps are presumably going to

I think mine are about 12" and I have had no problems with them with 35W
halogens.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"F" wrote in message
The downlighters I have installed have the loft insulation simply pushed
away from them to leave a gap. Unfortunately the multi-legged inhabitants
of the loft seem attracted by the warmth and are falling into the fittings
where they collect on the glass plate, block the light and are slow
roasted.

I'm thinking of placing clay plant pots above the fittings to keep the
wildlife away and to stop the insulation gradually moving back. The
question is, how much bigger than the light fittings do the plant pots
need to be? Too small and the lamps are presumably going to

My son works for a building company and they use 10", with a
small "v" nick cut in the rim for the wires.
David.

Flower Bonanza!! mycompany Home Repair 1 August 11th 07 02:04 PM
Flower Bonanza!! mycompany Home Ownership 0 August 11th 07 07:30 AM
Flower arraingers... Kevin Miller Woodturning 2 March 16th 06 01:17 AM
DRIED FLOWER HOLDER J T Woodworking 0 February 27th 06 03:38 PM
raised flower bed John G UK diy 5 April 9th 05 09:50 PM