Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flexible rods

What's the proper name for the thin rods you screw together like drain rods
which are used for feeding electrical cable through awkward places.
I've tried every permutation I could think of on ebay but no joy as yet.
Ta.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Scabbydug" wrote in message
What's the proper name for the thin rods you screw together like drain
rods which are used for feeding electrical cable through awkward places.
I've tried every permutation I could think of on ebay but no joy as yet.
Ta.

cable access pk IIRC

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Scabbydug" wrote in message
What's the proper name for the thin rods you screw together like drain

rods
which are used for feeding electrical cable through awkward places.
I've tried every permutation I could think of on ebay but no joy as yet.
Ta.

Another link to go with.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ods/index.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks all, loads available on Ebay, very cheap compared with the sites
given by yourselves. This implies to me me that they are probably poor
quality, any suggestions or comments?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scabbydug wrote:
Thanks all, loads available on Ebay, very cheap compared with the
sites given by yourselves. This implies to me me that they are
probably poor quality, any suggestions or comments?

Tried tying a piece of string to the tail of a mouse and sending that up the
pipe?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 14, 10:37 pm, "Redolent"
wrote:
Scabbydug wrote:
Thanks all, loads available on Ebay, very cheap compared with the
sites given by yourselves. This implies to me me that they are
probably poor quality, any suggestions or comments?

Tried tying a piece of string to the tail of a mouse and sending that up the
pipe?

Best ones seem to be the 'Cable rod /super rod' variant [IMHO] .
Good range of accessories, flexible leads etc.
We have about 7 other sets of varying manufacture. They do get
abused, but 1) the ends pull off. Can be cleaned up and super
glue / epoxied back on, if you can find them!. 2) Bending causes the
fibres to become detached on the outer 'skin'....hurts like feck when
the get stuck in your skin. hth

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Redolent" wrote in message
Scabbydug wrote:
Thanks all, loads available on Ebay, very cheap compared with the
sites given by yourselves. This implies to me me that they are
probably poor quality, any suggestions or comments?

Tried tying a piece of string to the tail of a mouse and sending that up

the
pipe?

Does require the use of blowlamp behind the mouse to get it going though!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

"Heliotrope Smith" wrote in message

"Redolent" wrote in message
Scabbydug wrote:
Thanks all, loads available on Ebay, very cheap compared with the
sites given by yourselves. This implies to me me that they are
probably poor quality, any suggestions or comments?

Tried tying a piece of string to the tail of a mouse and sending that up

the
pipe?

Does require the use of blowlamp behind the mouse to get it going though!

Faster results may be obtained nearer November the 5th.... ;-^

Joining two rods together [email protected] UK diy 5 May 19th 06 08:19 PM
curtain rods [email protected] Home Repair 1 March 11th 06 09:29 AM
WTD: Duct Rods SantaUK UK diy 0 March 1st 06 06:37 PM
stainless rods roberto Metalworking 3 May 23rd 05 12:00 AM
Beryllium rods? [email protected] Metalworking 17 April 3rd 05 05:34 AM