Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Is this OK?

I have today changed an outside light (normal on/off type - not security
type). One of the neutral wires was not long enough to reach the choccy
block connector supplied with the fitting so I extended it by a couple of
inches using another single choccy block. Is this OK or will it cause any
problems. I couldn't really rewire the existing nuetral easily as it is
routed under the upstairs floor. The light fitting is an ouside light and
the connections are well protected from the elements with rubber grommets
and seals.

Cheers

John

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
.uk...

"John" wrote in message
I have today changed an outside light (normal on/off type - not security
type). One of the neutral wires was not long enough to reach the choccy
block connector supplied with the fitting so I extended it by a couple of
inches using another single choccy block. Is this OK or will it cause any
problems. I couldn't really rewire the existing nuetral easily as it is
routed under the upstairs floor. The light fitting is an ouside light and
the connections are well protected from the elements with rubber grommets
and seals.

Cheers

John

It is fine.